PDA

View Full Version : SnG Strategy

papa_georgio
03-16-2005, 09:58 PM
I've been playing 5+1's pretty regularly for a little while, and just started 10+1's because now i can afford to and have been winning there too pretty regularly. My basic strategy is to play really tight for the first two or three levels and let the LAGs eliminate themselves, by then I've won about 2 or 3 good hands and can generally outplay the big stacks because they were just the lucky LAGs that survived. My question is when I move up to the 20+2's and 30+3's will this strategy change much? Or does it work at pretty much all levels? If your strategy is any different please elaborate?

johnny005
03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
Ur going to want to use the same tight style, almost maniac like when you getting near the bubble, There wont be as many LAG's though so your ROI will drop

SuitedSixes
03-16-2005, 10:13 PM
There will be more players left at the later levels so bubble play is that much more important.

papa_georgio
03-16-2005, 10:17 PM
I should be more aggressive on the bubble, but should i play more loose? For example, a hand that I would only play in late position I can play a little earlier. Or is this a death wish?

SuitedSixes
03-16-2005, 10:50 PM
Depends. Hang around her for a couple of weeks and you'll learn enough to beat these things. Trust me.

johnny005
03-16-2005, 10:58 PM
Yeah its pretty hard not to win after listening to whats being said around here. I would take the words from this forum over any book out there.