PDA

View Full Version : Building a bankroll on PP .50/1?????

GrandmaStabone
03-16-2005, 09:55 PM
Hello. I have been fairly succesful at NL poker online for a little over a year now, and have recently tried to tune my game and play limit regularly. I have made this shift for many reasons; it is a more mathematical game, in many situations there is a "right" and "wrong" play (+EV and -EV); the swings are lessened, due to the structure (a suckout cannot cost you your entire stack); your stats are easier to keep, as is your success rate; etc. Anyways, back on the topic. I have taken a bankroll of about $200 and deposited it on Party, with the intent to start at .50/$1 and move up when I have about 300x BB of the next level ( I started out with about 50 bucks, got up to around 250 playing 1/2, moved to 2/4 (yes I realize this was too large for my bankroll) and took a downswing to around the 200 I am at now). So, I took a look at the .50/1 game today and IT IS A ZOO. People were showing down (winning) j4 suited, q3 off, 92???? I saw a pot with 7 people on the flop, 5 on the turn, and 3 at showdown and the winner was a PP of 4's!!!????? My question is for those of you who have climbed the limits ladder, can you build a bankroll playing .50/1???? Is this a bad place to start? Do I need to make adjustments??? Lemme know, thanks.

btspider
03-16-2005, 09:57 PM
sub 2/4 is micro.
check out the faq there. this is one of those q's.