PDA

View Full Version : Push AA against a call station ITM?

DeathbySuckout
03-16-2005, 09:54 PM
This was on Pacific, so I can't use the converter. All chip aprox.

Blinds 50/100

Button 2400
SB 1400
Hero 1100

Delt to Hero A /images/graemlins/spade.gif A /images/graemlins/club.gif
Button folds, SB completes, Hero raises to 400, SB calls

Flop K /images/graemlins/spade.gif 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif K /images/graemlins/club.gif

SB checks, Hero bets 300

I was trying to take advantige of the fact that SB had recently got into some good cards and became somewhat of a calling station.
Looking back, I know I should've pushed PF, but is it ever worth trying to get more chips out of someone(thinking that they will call, as opposed to folding to your all-in) by semi slow playing AA?

johnnybeef
03-16-2005, 09:59 PM
yes early in a tournament, you need to get your big hands paid off. this situation, however, you need to push. there are two cards in the deck that beat you (besides 33). push here.

curtains
03-16-2005, 10:27 PM
You absolutely don't need to push preflop. You want to get as much action as possible with your hand. Your raise was evena bit too large for my tastes...I'd probably have made it 300 or so. But okay, if you think he's the kind of player that will call a larger raise this is fine.

Moving allin preflop is just too much for me, your hand is too valuable.

callmedonnie
03-17-2005, 12:02 AM
I would probably raise to about 300 also. However, I have overbet the pot before because I honestly thought I would get a caller. This was the first hand of a tourney w/ KK, and I've only done this once but I figured I'd get called.