PDA

View Full Version : Hey Mets fans....

Mike Gallo
03-16-2005, 08:44 PM
Do any of you guys like the new uniform? I like the idea of breaking tradition.

I prefer the snow white uni's with the blue stripes and sky blue caps.

Anyone think David Wright will win rookie of the year. Does anyone think he will turn into a superstar? He has the hit the ball well all spring. As long as I have followed the Mets we have never had a superstar third baseman. Please do not respond with Ray Knight or Howard Johnson.

Does this make anyone uneasy?
http://newyork.mets.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article.jsp?ymd=20050315&content_id=968585&vkey=sp t2005news&fext=.jsp&c_id=nym

Without hockey season, it looks like I might turn to baseball again. Ironic that I stopped following baseball after the strike. Now I started paying attention again because of a hockey lockout.

Lets Go Mets !!!!

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
HoJo was a star with a brief shining period. Not a superstar though so I agree.

The whole Ginter thing is fine. I'm a big Trax fan but it'll work out fine.

I haven't seen the new unis b/c I no longer get MSG. Freaking TWC.

wh1t3bread
03-16-2005, 10:51 PM
I am a huge Mets fan as well.

Are you talking about the new blue and black uni? I think those are just their spring training uniforms. I don't think they will be wearing those during the regular season. I like them though.

I'm okay with Ginter until Trachsel gets healthy. Ginter did okay (not great) last year. He is having a great spring (even though that doesnt mean much). He won't be a bad fifth starter.

I'm not sure if Wright is eligible for Rookie of the Year because he might have played in too many games last year. I could be wrong here. Either way I think he will hit 25-30 homeruns. Drive in 80 - 90 and probably steal a good 15 bases. He is going to be a great player for the Mets for many years.

nmadd
03-16-2005, 11:01 PM
I read that article this morning and obviously was not very happy. Steve is probably the best #5 guy in the entire league. Certainly would suck to lose him for 3 months.

David Wright looks pretty good for rookie, but a lot of the mags are pointing toward Rockies' Jeff Francis. Maybe another Rockies pitcher rookie of the year?

I moved to CO after most of my life in NJ, so I get to watch the top-notch Rockies instead of my beloved Mets. Well, at least they come for one series each year.

Let's Go Mets!!

Amanjyaku
03-16-2005, 11:12 PM
Do any of you guys like the new uniform? I like the idea of breaking tradition.

I prefer the snow white uni's with the blue stripes and sky blue caps.

I'd prefer that they go back to blue and orange. A different layout would be OK, but they should lose the black.

JMO

bugstud
03-16-2005, 11:28 PM
I wouldn't be shocked to see Wright go .280/25hr/20sb

BottlesOf
03-17-2005, 11:20 AM
I LOVE the new uniform. I probably talk about to severeal different people any given day. Most of these people don't care.

htc1278
03-17-2005, 12:28 PM
I am pretty sure Wright is not eligible to be the ROY because he came up and played so early last year. What about Reyes? He's healthy and I think he will be the big surprise on the Mets this year. Sure Wright is about to become the next Scott Rolen but Reyes has the potential to hit .290 with 15 HR's and 50 SB's. He's good.

BottlesOf
03-17-2005, 12:45 PM
3-bet the flop.