PDA

View Full Version : Pacific poker $10 hand, how can I get away from it?

thesharpie
03-16-2005, 08:18 PM
Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/club.gifQ/images/graemlins/club.gif (8 handed)

Blinds are .5 .10

<font color="red">Hero raises to .50</font>, UTG+1 calls, 3 folds, Button and blinds call.

They'll call with anything here so I probably should've raised it a bit more, maybe 8x BB?

$2.40 - Flop is 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gifQ/images/graemlins/heart.gifT/images/graemlins/spade.gif (4 handed)

SB checks, BB checks, <font color="red">Hero bets $1.70</font>, UTG+1 calls, Button calls, SB folds, BB folds

I'm probably ahead and these guys will call with any pair. Nice rainbow flop, let's hope the next card is safe.

$7.25 - Turn is 7/images/graemlins/club.gif (3 handed)

<font color="red">Hero bets $4.85</font> UTG+1 folds, Button calls.

Uh oh, the board paired. Should I just bet about half the pot so it doesn't cost as much if I want to fold after someone raises? UTG+1 had about the same amount as was in the pot left, button had about $13, I had $14.

$16.45 - River is 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif (2 handed)

<font color="red">Hero bets $2</font>, <font color="red">Button raises $2</font>, Hero calls.

I bet real small so button might sense weakness. I've got to call if he goes all in for his last $8, right?

I think the places I messed up are preflop, could've raised a bit more, and on the turn I probably didn't need to bet as much as I did, I mean the turn wasn't even 2 suited and if someone goes all in I can probably get away from it without costing as much, although they'll likely wait until the river to trap me.

Thoughts?

tbach24
03-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Pre-flop. Limp in that piece and fold to a raise.

poboy
03-16-2005, 09:53 PM
You should probably be limping with this from ep. This is a very marginal flop for you in bad position. All you have is TPGK and no draw. I wouldn't be looking to play this for a big pot. JMO

thesharpie
03-17-2005, 12:15 AM
I shall just limp KQs in EP next time, then.

Any comments on the post flop play?

dibbs
03-17-2005, 01:31 AM
No matter what cheeze they'll call with here, KQs in your position is an easy limp/ fold to a raise as already discussed.

As for the flop, if it was a limped pot, I'd lead for a healthy amount (I'm a habitual pot bettor so that's just my style) on the flop, and take it from there. Whatever decent sized bet that you feel will work, the draws and under pairs are still going to call this most likely.

On the turn I'd either check or half pot it, do you know anything about this guy? Would he really call a sizeable bet on the flop with a 7? T7?? Usually you should have a good idea of what kind of hands he plays.

The smaller bet or check call on the turn will keep the pot much smaller which you want. You pumped the flop, got called, but since it wasn't a raised pot (if you limped it preflop) the pot will still be somewhat small and manageable.

If you check and he bets the turn at least you have a little more information about his hand, does it look like he's suckering you in with a small bet? Does he overbet it as a bluff? Does he overbet with big hands? It's really a feel thing I guess going by whatever you know of the guy.

If he smoothcalls or checks behind the turn I'd probably check-call a moderate bet from him on the river unless you "feel" that he hit on the turn.

As stated, the biggest problem with the hand was preflop, which made all your decisions much harder. Errors compound themselves. Keep the pot somewhat small, you don't mind taking down a small pot with TPGK or losing a small one with it if you dont have any info on the guy.

I'm rambling as usual, my apologies.

JMO.