PDA

View Full Version : Can anybdy beat Duke?

03-13-2002, 07:59 PM
Who would you pick other than Duke to win it all?

I went with Arizona and almost picked Oregon, just call me Pac-10 boy, I guess.

03-13-2002, 10:58 PM
Its more likely than not Duke doesn't win it all. It may be hard to name a team to beat them, but they were vulnerable at times on the road this year and that isn't a good sign for such a big favorite. Besides even if a team is far superior, doesn't mean they won't fall in one game. After all there may never have been a team as talented as UNLV of 1991, unbeaten defending champs, three future first-round (including #1) NBA players and two very good other starters. No one could touch them all season or in the tournament until they somehow lost to a good, but not great Duke team. That Duke team won the school's first national title, but it clearly wasn't as good as other teams they had in that period of time. Just goes to show you there is no such thing as a sure thing in something as difficult and demanding as this tournament. It certainly is exciting and generates ton of interest, but its about the last thing you would ever do to determine who the best team is.

03-14-2002, 12:37 PM
You forget one thing...that game that UNLV lost to Duke that year was fixed!!!!!--Big Al--