PDA

View Full Version : The Superman/Vader Tournament: ROUND ONE

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 07:25 PM
This thread exists because of this discussion (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=1942555&page=0&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=2#Post1943023). Nuff said.

I seeded the players in that thread, but to make it easy:
1) Superman
2) Darth Vader
3) The Incredible Hulk
4) Batman
5) Neo
6) Keyser Soze
7) Green Lantern
8) James T. Kirk
9) Jean Luc Picard
10) Rocky Balboa
11) O.J. Simpson
12) Papa Smurf
13) Captain Caveman
14) Wonderwoman
15) Aquaman
16) Phil Hellmuth

So, vote already! Resolving any ambiguities is the responsiblity of the voter.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
I'll do a loser's bracket too, mostly because I want to see if Hellmuth can beat Aquaman.

tbach24
03-16-2005, 07:31 PM
2 I don't know:

6. Keyser Soze
15. Aquaman

bosoxfan
03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
I'm pretty sure Aquaman is gay if that helps.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
Keyser Soze is from The Usual Suspects, and it's criminal that you don't know who he is.

As for Aquaman: link (http://www.comicbookbin.com/dcdirect-manta01.html)

M2d
03-16-2005, 07:35 PM
1v16 no comment a 1 has never lost to a 16
2v15 darth is the man
3v14 Hulk would normally win this, but wonderwoman's wondertata's would make him more engorged and less enraged. wonderwoman over bruce banner any day
4v13 the captain's sidekicks are two hot chicks. batman has the boy wonder and an old butler. nuff said
5v12 lalalalalala this old man
6v11 keyser has a neck, right? plus, OJ can fly. see his old commercials as proof.
7v10 rocky's too stupid to give up and will outlast the green lantern
8v9 picard in a rout.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 07:41 PM
Green Lantern is the man. He gets no respect though.

Rocky's pretty stupid and would show up wearing green shorts, too.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Considering Superman is invincible, I vote for him unless one of the competitors is known to have a supply of Kryptonite handy.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 07:51 PM
Well, that's what the ambiguity line was for:

Green Lantern could probably whip some up.
Neo certainly could if he met Superman in the Matrix.
Papa Smurf is quite the magician.
Both Kirk and Picard have replicators.
O.J. Simpson beat the MAN, so he could probably beat the SuperMAN.
Something turns the Incredible Hulk green.
and of course....

Who knows what that rod up Phil Hellmuth's @ss is made of?

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 08:23 PM
bump

I'll close this at about 75 votes or so.

JPinAZ
03-16-2005, 08:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Considering Superman is invincible, I vote for him unless one of the competitors is known to have a supply of Kryptonite handy.

[/ QUOTE ]

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force. Superman can't even destroy a planet.

Piiop
03-16-2005, 08:26 PM
Just to clarify, we're going with James T. Kirk and not William Shatner?

I think Shatner as Shatner definitely kicks more ass than Shatner as Kirk.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 08:31 PM
As William F. Shatner > *, it's Kirk.

(Honestly, had I thought of it, I would have done Shatner as the 8th seed and Kirk as the 9th.)

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 08:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

The ability to destroy a planet is insignificant next to the power of the force. Superman can't even destroy a planet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. He could totally do that around the globe spinning thing in such a way that he sent the planet's orbit out of whack and it spiraled into the sun. Besides, Darth Vader could destroy the planet that Superman was on, but it wouldn't hurt Superman, so what's the point. It's about who would beat who mano y mano and by definition, Vader cannot win without Kryptonite.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 08:52 PM
It's all moot. Vader is fighting Aquaman. Superman is taking on Phil Hellmuth.

Get with the program!

BoxTree
03-16-2005, 08:52 PM
O.J. > Soze??? Are you out of your minds?

Go watch that movie again and beg for forgiveness.

pshreck
03-16-2005, 08:53 PM
The one vote so far I dont understand is Picard over Kirk.

You guys too young or something? Im only 21 and I thought it was easily Captain Kirk, and I can sum up my argument in one word:

KAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHNNNNNNNN!!!!!

BoxTree
03-16-2005, 08:56 PM
You clearly haven't seen First Contact. "I will make them pay for what they did to me."

Jean Luc gets medieval.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 08:57 PM
I am going to have to do another bracket. I forgot so many characters.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's all moot. Vader is fighting Aquaman. Superman is taking on Phil Hellmuth.

Get with the program!

[/ QUOTE ]

What's the line on Vader vs. Aquaman? -1000000000? Vader will just do that throat crushing thing and beat everyone until he meets Superman in the finals.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You clearly haven't seen First Contact. "I will make them pay for what they did to me."

Jean Luc gets medieval.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're kidding me. You voted for Picard?
Kirk was like that every ep, every movie (except for the one w/Spock's brother which I've blotted out from memory).

Picard had a freakin' shrink on his bridge.
Kirk would have slept with her.

pshreck
03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah, seriously. Those who voted for Picard over Kirk really need to explain themselves.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 09:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, seriously. Those who voted for Picard over Kirk really need to explain themselves.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's close, honestly. My issue is with Picard getting bonus points for his Ahabesque virility. That is all Kirk.

BoxTree
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
Kirk fights silicon-based life forms.

Picard fights The Borg.

Discuss.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 09:10 PM
Kirk: "We come in peace -- shoot to kill, shoot to kill"
Picard: "Darmok and Jilad at Tenagra"

BoxTree
03-16-2005, 09:11 PM
Picard had a Klingon on his bridge.

Not Kirk.

Who lives dangerously?

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Not true. He could totally do that around the globe spinning thing in such a way that he sent the planet's orbit out of whack and it spiraled into the sun. Besides, Darth Vader could destroy the planet that Superman was on, but it wouldn't hurt Superman, so what's the point. It's about who would beat who mano y mano and by definition, Vader cannot win without Kryptonite.

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is wrong with you, Clark?
When did you get
SO STUPID?

How can Superman defeat
a dude
who is
A MASTER
of the Force?

Edited to correct formatting

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 09:30 PM
Anyone who doesn't vote for Captain Caveman is insane.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 09:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

WTF is wrong with you, Clark? When did you get so stupid?

HOW CAN SUPERMAN DEFEAT A DUDE WHO IS A MASTER OF THE FORCE?

[/ QUOTE ]

He'll pick him up and throw him down a giant pit?

Phoenix1010
03-16-2005, 09:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Anyone who doesn't vote for Captain Caveman is insane.

[/ QUOTE ]

Unga Dunga.

The Armchair
03-17-2005, 12:11 AM
I'm letting this go until the morning. May the best man (or smurf or woman) win!

jakethebake
03-17-2005, 12:14 AM
we need to keep wonderwoman around for the pics.

ArchAngel71857
03-17-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm pretty sure Aquaman is gay if that helps.

[/ QUOTE ]

Gee what gives it away? The fins on his heel or the whole having sex with men thing?

-AA

cold_cash
03-17-2005, 02:08 AM
If Kirk is girdled, he would judo chop Picard's punk ass into submission in less than a minute. Ungirdled, however, the match becomes much closer, as Kirk's lack of mobility/girth would prove to be a significant handicap.

The Dude
03-17-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
I dunno Clark, the writers of Star Trek TNG might decide that a Tacheon beam has the same effect as Kryptonite - afterall, they think it does everything else in the universe. Picard would win my vote here, although he (rightly so) is losing to Kirk at the moment.