PDA

View Full Version : I've come to the realization that....

Sasnak
03-16-2005, 07:20 PM
You whiners posting about your 1.+ to 3.+BB/100 win rates coupled with your 16-18% VP's needing to be improved before you "move up to the next level" are absolutley KILLING me! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

kapw7
03-16-2005, 08:06 PM
These are usually the easiest to play. Apart from the exceptional "sharks" that you should avoid anyway, the rest are so EASY to read that with minimum thought you can, at least, neutralise them. Someone who plays 16% of hands and raises 4-5%. It's not that hard to put him on a hand. And kick him out of the pot with the right flop, or turn or river.

bottomset
03-16-2005, 08:27 PM
I've come to 2 realizations

1. you will become better if you respond to a lot of hands with your thought process .. right or wrong

2. this topic wasted my time, and takes up space that should go to meaningful threads

TomBrooks
03-16-2005, 08:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
These are usually the easiest to play. Apart from the exceptional "sharks" that you should avoid anyway, the rest are so EASY to read that with minimum thought you can, at least, neutralise them. Someone who plays 16% of hands and raises 4-5%. It's not that hard to put him on a hand. And kick him out of the pot with the right flop, or turn or river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've come to the realization that... I don't understand how kapw7 arrived at his stated conclusion.

Is there something about this kind of player that makes them play very straightforward and with little deception? I would have thought deception was independent of a players level of tightness and aggression.

Of course the higher the VPIP and PFR the wider the variety of hands a player could have. What VPIP and PFR would you say is optimal?

kapw7
03-16-2005, 09:02 PM
Don't get me wrong. I don't claim that ALL tight players are easy to read. That would be complete nonsense. However my experience so far is that there are 2 main categories: really good players that you don't stand any chance against them and a lot of novice (?) tights who play by the book and are relatively easy to read and manipulate. I really don't know what the optimal stats are but definetely tight play, even unimaginative and robotic, is profitable in the microlimits.

IsaacW
03-16-2005, 09:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
You misread his post. He meant that people whining about 1-3 BB/100 winrates and 16-18 % VP$IP are annoying, not that they take significant money from him.

Unless, of course, I misread his post.

kapw7
03-16-2005, 09:16 PM
This is becoming a surrealistic thread.
He said that they "are KILLING" him. That's what I read but maybe I'm wrong.

" I know nothing except the fact of my ignorance. "
Socrates, Greek philosopher in Athens (469 BC - 399 BC)

IsaacW
03-16-2005, 09:21 PM
I think he meant "killing me" in the sense of "you are so f'ing annoying it is tantamount to killing me."

But I could be wrong... seems the OP doesn't want to chime in to let us know /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Buckmulligan
03-16-2005, 09:50 PM
This post is pretty stoned.