JDHAMMER: folds
Junaid0: raises 1590 to 2190 and is all-in
cardman222: calls 1590
*** FLOP *** [Kc Kh 8s]
*** TURN *** [Kc Kh 8s] [8d]
*** RIVER *** [Kc Kh 8s 8d] [Js]
Junaid0 said, "gg"
*** SHOW DOWN ***
Junaid0: shows [Ah Qd] (two pair, Kings and Eights)
cardman222: shows [Jc Jd] (a full house, Jacks full of Kings)
cardman222 collected 4480 from pot
*** SUMMARY ***
Total pot 4480 | Rake 0
Board [Kc Kh 8s 8d Js]
Seat 1: gunney9 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 2: POLSKI folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 3: pierre2426 folded before Flop (didn't bet)
Seat 4: cardman222 (button) showed [Jc Jd] and won (4480) with a full house, Jacks full of Kings
Seat 7: JDHAMMER (small blind) folded before Flop
Seat 8: Junaid0 (big blind) showed [Ah Qd] and lost with two pair, Kings and Eights

Alright, after reviewing the hand history, at best i'm a coinflip, and am in 2nd chip position, i shoulda called and folded on flop, what if I had AK? What about TT?

Wouldn't it be advisable for him to raise w/ any 2?

curtains
03-16-2005, 07:07 PM
Your play was clearly correct and it's not close. AQo is a premium hand when the button raises first in.

wiggs73
03-16-2005, 07:52 PM
This definitely looks like a steal attempt from the button, who has both the blinds covered. I say either push pre-flop or use a stop & go.

J-Lo
03-16-2005, 07:59 PM
alright, now that i've established AQ was correct, at what stack sizes does it make it incorrect?

At these stack sizes, how low of a hand do i go? 88? AT? KQ?

I'm asking these more in depth questions so that i'm prepared for next time.

Bigwig
03-16-2005, 08:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
alright, now that i've established AQ was correct, at what stack sizes does it make it incorrect?

[/ QUOTE ]

To reraise an opener from the button? You can probably reraise with AQ at any point in the tournament, if you wish. Early you might want to just call.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget KQ. KQ is awful in raised pots from almost any position. You'd need to be very short here to make pushing KQ correct.

Without a read I'd probably push all-in with AA-88 (maybe 77, too), AK-AT (although I'm shaky on AT).

wiggs73
03-16-2005, 08:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

To reraise an opener from the button? You can probably reraise with AQ at any point in the tournament, if you wish. Early you might want to just call.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Forget KQ. KQ is awful in raised pots from almost any position. You'd need to be very short here to make pushing KQ correct.

Without a read I'd probably push all-in with AA-88 (maybe 77, too), AK-AT (although I'm shaky on AT).

[/ QUOTE ]

Agreed on all points.

kdotsky
03-16-2005, 08:20 PM
Does he have enough chips that a stop and go is wrong? Probably, since the opponent may be stealing and, if so, will fold preflop even with some pot odds. If he's got 1500 instead, I say stop and go. In that case the opponent is more likely to have some sort of hand, but hero probably still has the best and villain almost has to call preflop. Or is the chance hero has a dominating ace too good to let villain off on the flop? Maybe a stop and go is better with something like 88.

Thoughts?