PDA

View Full Version : Superman vs. Darth Vader

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:25 PM
Who would win in a fight between Superman and Darth Vader?

Stipulations:
-Both are at the top of their respective games
-Kryptonite is unavailable to Vader, although if possible he might be able to use the Force to mimic its effects on Superman
-A lightsaber would not be able to penetrate Superman's skin

SmileyEH
03-16-2005, 06:25 PM
vader.

-SmileyEH

Dead
03-16-2005, 06:26 PM
Vader could just choke Superman to death with the Force. Superman is not force attuned at all.

[censored]
Superman and it's not even close.

In reality Vader would never engage in such a battle without kryptonite

Patrick del Poker Grande
[ QUOTE ]
A lightsaber would not be able to penetrate Superman's skin

[/ QUOTE ]
This is bogus.

Reef
03-16-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
vader.

-SmileyEH

[/ QUOTE ]

I disagree. Superman wins in about 2 seconds. He uses either heat vision from any distance or super speed to get in 1 punch and Vader's done.

SmileyEH
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
"the power to destroy a star system is insignificant next to the power of the force."

'nuff said.

-SmileyEH

swede123
03-16-2005, 06:29 PM
Superman would win.

Swede

lucas9000
03-16-2005, 06:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Stipulations:
-Kryptonite is unavailable to Vader, although if possible he might be able to use the Force to mimic its effects on Superman

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf kind of crap is that? "if possible." how am i supposed to know if it's possible? and even if it is possible, he "might" be able to use it? why not just make this post:

who would win in a fight, superman or darth vader?
-if possible, darth vader might be able to instantly kill superman using only a wink of his eye.

i award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

Dangergirl
Superman

YourFoxyGrandma
Draw.

JimGil
Vader could use the force to anticipate superman's every move and counter it with his eyes closed.

Vader.

And its not even close.

daveymck
03-16-2005, 06:32 PM
Is darth allowed to call on the power of the death star or his tie fighter, or is it a straight up no weopons fist/powers fight.

Surely vader would do that throat thing and thats the end.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
A lightsaber would not be able to penetrate Superman's skin

[/ QUOTE ]
This is bogus.

[/ QUOTE ]
Dude--in any scene in the Star Wars movies where a lightsaber is used to cut some dese material (such as the blast-door cutting in "The Phantom Menace") it doesn't slide through like a hot knife through butter, and Superman's skin is a hell of a lot stronger than those doors.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 06:35 PM
Vader uses the force and scores an easy victory over Superman.

Later that night, Vader and his crew go bar hopping.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:37 PM
No external weapons other than Darth's lightsaber. Just a good old superhero streetfight.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 06:38 PM
Wrong, Superman does not need air to survive. Hence why he is able to fly around the world backwards in order to turn back time, without the aid of a space suit.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Stipulations:

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf kind of crap is that? "if possible." how am i supposed to know if it's possible? and even if it is possible, he "might" be able to use it? why not just make this post:

who would win in a fight, superman or darth vader?
-if possible, darth vader might be able to instantly kill superman using only a wink of his eye.

i award you no points, and may god have mercy on your soul.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fair enough. I was fudging there because I don't know if the ability to mimic an element and/or its effects is something that Darth Vader can do. But since if he can then he'd clearly win, let's just go ahead and assume he can't.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:42 PM
Can you fucktards who are just saying stuff like "Vader, because of the Force" or "Superman, and it isn't close" please give some reasoning or just not respond at all?

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 06:42 PM
How can Superman beat any Jedi?

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Can you fucktards who are just saying stuff like "Vader, because of the Force" or "Superman, and it isn't close" please give some reasoning or just not respond at all?

[/ QUOTE ]
Awesome.

Dead
03-16-2005, 06:45 PM
BECAUSE HE can choke the bastard to death.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 06:46 PM
Where is the fight being held? There is a clear difference between fighting on Earth and fighting on Krypton.

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

If it was a quality and interesting matchup, I would have.

But as it stands, that's the only argument one needs to make.

The force > Superman

If you didn't want short posts like this, you should have made it a poll. But you didn't.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Where is the fight being held? There is a clear difference between fighting on Earth and fighting on Krypton.

[/ QUOTE ]
No shit.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shajen
03-16-2005, 06:52 PM
Vader.

Superman would kick his ass for most of the fight, but when Superman puts Vader in the sleeper hold, Vader will start shaking his fist, snorting and will make it back up to one knee.

Thousands of screaming Vadermaniacs will power him up on his two feet where Vader will then do an atomic leg drop and a Vaderslam, ending the match. As he goes to leave the fight, Spiderman and Batman will swoop in, straight wrecking Vader with a ringside bell.

M2d
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, superman is on earth and vader is, where, in dagoba inside the tree? I'd have to go with vader on this one since the force could possibly reach across the galaxy and smack superman upside the head.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 06:56 PM
I think that this whole argument that the force is more powerful than anything Superman could possibly muster is ill-thought out. Obviously, I can see the reasoning behing this thinking, but there are some factors which aren't being considered.

Much of the arguments have been along the lines of "Darth Vader can control Superman physically with the force." Now, while Darth Vader did use the choking trick in A New Hope, that does not necessarily mean that it will work against Superman. There have been multiple times throughout the Superman series in which Superman has had to travel through space without the aid of a space suit, showing that he can survive without air. So choking is not necessarily an effective strategy against Superman. In addition, the force was never used at any point of the Star Wars movies to directly control the actions of another person, so there is no evidence that Darth Vader is capable of this.

The other argument has been that Darth Vader would be able to use Jedi mind tricks against Superman. Obi Wan Kenobi states, when using Jedi mind tricks in order to get past the stormtroopes in A New Hope, that Jedi mind tricks only work on the weak-minded. There is no evidence that Superman would be susceptible to these mind tricks.

In conclusion, while it may seem that the force would be able to conquer Superman, there is no evidence to prove it.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

so, superman is on earth and vader is, where, in dagoba inside the tree? I'd have to go with vader on this one since the force could possibly reach across the galaxy and smack superman upside the head.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you insinuating that a fight between Superman and Darth Vader is implausible?

AngryCola
03-16-2005, 06:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

In conclusion, while it may seem that the force would be able to conquer Superman, there is no evidence to prove it.

[/ QUOTE ]

Force choking and mind tricks are only two of the force's powers.

What about force lightning, etc?

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Yeah, but what does Superman have going for him? He can fly and he has super strength and speed. All of this can be at least equaled by Vader with The Force, plus control of The Force gives all kinds of other unnatural abilities.

The Armchair
03-16-2005, 07:00 PM
Why don't you make this into a poll and a tournament?

I'll give you seeds based on how I think it'd come out. Obviously, 1 plays 16 etc.

1) Superman
2) Darth Vader
3) The Incredible Hulk
4) Batman
5) Neo
6) Keyser Soze
7) Green Lantern
8) James T. Kirk
9) Jean Luc Picard
10) Rocky Balboa
11) O.J. Simpson
12) Papa Smurf
13) Captain Caveman
14) Wonderwoman
15) Aquaman
16) Phil Hellmuth

sfer
03-16-2005, 07:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Dude--in any scene in the Star Wars movies where a lightsaber is used to cut some dese material (such as the blast-door cutting in "The Phantom Menace") it doesn't slide through like a hot knife through butter, and Superman's skin is a hell of a lot stronger than those doors.

[/ QUOTE ]

Best logical conclusion ever.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 07:08 PM
Well of course Darth Vader would still be able to put up a fight against Superman. I'm not trying to say that Superman would take it easily, just that it wouldn't be as one-sided as some people are making it out to be.

wonderwes
03-16-2005, 07:16 PM
http://saturn5.com/darwin/beef/images/10-NuclearBeef.com-Bob_Stupak--Hands_In_Pants.jpg

Stupak would beat them both. Where are his hands?

M2d
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you insinuating that a fight between Superman and Darth Vader is implausible?

[/ QUOTE ]

No,
I'm insinuating that a fight between the two of them 'at the top of their respective games' is implausible. the fight itself could happen..hell yeah!!

M2d
03-16-2005, 07:23 PM
doood, the strongest thing we've seen superman's skin block are bullets. and not even those new armor piercing ones either; just regular bullets. those doors block phaser fire.

A_C_Slater
03-16-2005, 07:26 PM
This is absurd. Superman can redirect the rotational shift of the Earth. Not only could he annhilate Vader, but he would be able to defeat every Jedi single handedly. Anyone that says Vader has never read a Superman comic book. Superman can move at the speed of light. How the hell can Vader stop that? And Vader can't just kill by thinking a single thought. If that was the case he could have killed all the rebels just by intending it. Yes, he can choke people to death, but in the movie the guy was grasping at his throat for a few seconds before he passed out. Superman would only need a billionth of a second to run up and rip Vader's suit off. Vader is a friggin invalid for Christ's sake. Are you forgetting why he wears the suit in the first place? It's to help him breathe because Obi Won beat him so brutally. No one could ever put Superman in a handicap suit like that.

Superman would take out Darth Vader and the enitre Death Star simply by throwing it into a star.

Superman is the only logical answer and anyone who says otherwise is a friggin retard.

bdk3clash
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
doood, the strongest thing we've seen superman's skin block are bullets. and not even those new armor piercing ones either; just regular bullets. those doors block phaser fire.

[/ QUOTE ]
It's my scenario, so I define the parameters. Assume Superman's skin is strong enough to withstand a lightsaber and work from there.

VBM
03-16-2005, 07:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What about force lightning, etc?

[/ QUOTE ]

Force lightning? I'm going to put on my nerd glasses (oh, no need, they're permanently on) and point out that in The Dark Knight Returns, Superman absorbed the blast from a nuclear warhead.

Force lightning, by comparison, would feel like a handjob from Petra Nemcova...

Seriously, Superman would flip Vader upside down and unpeel him like a rubber onto his Super-meatmissle, launch him into the alternate universe-Bizzaro world for Bizzaro to do the same thing and shoot Vader back into the real world.

They would continue this Vader-tennis match game until they got bored and let Vader force-choke himself to death...

A_C_Slater
03-16-2005, 07:32 PM
Even if the lightsaber could penetrate it wouldn't matter. He would never be able to hit him with it. The only reason the bullets hit Superman was because he didn't have to move. But he could evade them if they had the possibility of penetrating his super skin.

usmfan
03-16-2005, 07:33 PM
God this place is filled with geeks. It's Superman. And it's not even close. Vader is a slave to his suit. Superman is nylon's width from being balls in the air and he's ok in heat, cold, space, etc.
All supes has to do if take out the suit of Vader and the man in black is on his way out. Everyone points to the force choke as proof of dominance. There's nothing to show that the force choke is any stronger than the average male's strength. I think we all know how effective that is against Superman. All of this from someone who is not a great Superman fan. However, I recognize a mismatch when I see one.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 07:36 PM
Was Vader stronger before or after the suit? If he was stronger or equally strong, since this scenario is for each at the peak of their power, all this feeble slave-to-the-suit talk is moot.

M2d
03-16-2005, 07:43 PM
I don't know...superman seems to be, well, not the brainiest cat in the universe. I think the jedi mind trick would work on him.

A_C_Slater
03-16-2005, 07:45 PM
Stop and think for a moment. Superman can throw the entire Death Star into a nearby star.

M2d
03-16-2005, 07:51 PM
but he strikes me as pretty lenny-ish (from of mice and men or lavern and shirly...your choice), so the jedi mind trick would stop him before he starts.

bholdr
03-16-2005, 08:04 PM
superman wins, btw.

sfer
03-16-2005, 08:11 PM
Jesus. Why didn't this end at one thread that said "Superman?" Vader got whomped by Mark Hamill for chrissakes.

hoyaboy1
03-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Superman is basically the least creative character ever. Take out kryptonite and he is pretty much God. He could beat 10 Vaders in under a minute.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 10:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think the jedi mind trick would work on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

What if he wore a tinfoil hat?

mostsmooth
03-16-2005, 11:19 PM
you guys are forgetting something.
superman is only so strong because hes on earth. he would have been an average joe on his planet, no? darth vader is from some outerspace planet as well, we dont know how bad ass darth would be on earth, do we?
and regardless, darth kicks supermans ass. the force is just too damned strong. wasnt darth like making spaceships go off course and junk? superman was getting pushed around by a greyhound bus when the three bad guys came by and kicked his ass.
its darth hands down. the jedi mind trick is too strong for superman. hell, superman was getting his brains scrambled by that ugly chick, gave up his powers and everything. what a tool he was.

ArchAngel71857
03-17-2005, 12:04 AM
Transitive property. Luke beat Vader.

Superman could beat Luke.

Why?

He was supposed to go with Biggs and Wedge to pick up some POWER CONVERTERS!!!! (side note, in the future, invent power converters. They're everywhere. any size, a million uses. I'd make trillions.)

-AA

P.S. Which one would you rather be. I really can't choose between having Superman's powers or be a Jedi Master. One advantage=sex. Superman=faster than a speeding bullet. Force powers=tantric sex. on the other side, if a hooker makes a crack about you being faster than a speeding bullet, you can tear her in half like a phone book. Thanks Family Guy!

AngryCola
03-17-2005, 12:14 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v431/AngryCola/vader.jpg

jakethebake
03-17-2005, 12:16 AM
http://www.shindigz.com/itm_img/S05637.jpg

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 12:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Transitive property. Luke beat Vader.

[/ QUOTE ]
no good, luke was a jedi as well, arguably darths equal at least. wasnt david v goliath at all

ArchAngel71857
03-17-2005, 01:10 AM
yeah. ok , so that scene at end of the jedi where luke cuts off vader's hand. He beat him. So since Superman can beat Luke, and Luke can

OH MY GOD! I'm stopping this argument right now.

http://www.viperalley.com/gallery/data/502/109argue.jpg

-AA

Tacjedi
03-17-2005, 01:18 AM
Vader would "Jedi Mind Trick" Superman into kicking his own butt.

FoxwoodsFiend
03-17-2005, 01:40 AM
False. Superman does need air, but he can hold his breath for a long time, hence the ability to fly in space. Read some comic books before you feel like chiming in pal. If Vader choked Superman before Superman realized he needed to take a big breath, Superman would probably not have enough time to really attack Vader. Even if he did, Vader would just have to fight him to a draw until Superman died.

VBM
03-17-2005, 02:22 AM
we all remember this fiasco (http://media.ebaumsworld.com/index.php?e=starwarskidedit.wmv)

AngryCola
03-17-2005, 02:24 AM
What are you talking about?

His technique is flawless.

PoBoy321
03-17-2005, 02:27 AM
bdk is gonna be pissed when he sees you're posting videos of him.

DontRaisePlz
03-17-2005, 02:57 AM
You guys are missing a key factor: speed.

Superman with long distance range would bring Vader down for the count in a snap. Think how a fast a bolt action rifle shoots a bullet. That's Superman x2.

M2d
03-17-2005, 02:59 AM
I don't think alcoa has a tatooine office, so we'll never know if aluminum can block the jmt.

ilya
03-17-2005, 02:59 AM
Obviously Vader, he's only about 80 times as cool as Superman. Actually, scratch that, Vader's infinitely cooler than Superman since Superman is not cool at all.

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 08:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah. ok , so that scene at end of the jedi where luke cuts off vader's hand. He beat him. So since Superman can beat Luke, and Luke can

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]
but how did you come up with superman being able to beat luke?

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 08:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
False. Superman does need air, but he can hold his breath for a long time, hence the ability to fly in space. Read some comic books before you feel like chiming in pal. If Vader choked Superman before Superman realized he needed to take a big breath, Superman would probably not have enough time to really attack Vader. Even if he did, Vader would just have to fight him to a draw until Superman died.

[/ QUOTE ]
im going with the superman needs air idea. if he didnt, then how was luthor going to drown him in the pool that time?

codewarrior
03-17-2005, 09:20 AM
... and this one time.... at band camp....

nicky g
03-17-2005, 09:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Obviously Vader, he's only about 80 times as cool as Superman. Actually, scratch that, Vader's infinitely cooler than Superman since Superman is not cool at all.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is why people are answering Vader. While it is true that Vader is much cooler, Superman still wins easily. He is immune to pretty much everything other than kryptonite and has lightning speed. The force on the other hand is just some overhyped breathing exercise.

ArchAngel71857
03-17-2005, 10:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Because Luke had to go pick up some POWER CONVERTERS!

-AA

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 10:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont get it

riffraff
03-17-2005, 10:50 AM
Superman, and it's not even close.

He would simply do his fly-really-fast-reversing the rotation of the Earth (or Darth's home planet.. either will work).. reversing time to the point where Darth is a 5 year old Anakin. He would easily crush him then without any problem.

mostsmooth
03-17-2005, 10:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Superman, and it's not even close.

He would simply do his fly-really-fast-reversing the rotation of the Earth (or Darth's home planet.. either will work).. reversing time to the point where Darth is a 5 year old Anakin.

[/ QUOTE ]
that only works in movies, we are talking real life here. /images/graemlins/cool.gif

frank_iii
03-17-2005, 11:56 AM
Mario Lopez already presented the best case for Superman and yet people are still bantering about Vader. Come off it. Vader couldn't even beat General Zod.

riffraff
03-17-2005, 12:24 PM
Zod was constantly on tilt. He was so hell bent on revenge and suffered greatly from FPS.

Give props to Superman for the ultimate slowroll tho, just before he crushed Zod's hand and threw him into the icy abyss.

ArchAngel71857
03-17-2005, 12:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

-AA

[/ QUOTE ]
i dont get it

[/ QUOTE ]

Watch Star Wars. Look for Luke to say that line. If Superman can't beat that whiny bitch, then Krypton sucks.

-AA