PDA

View Full Version : ncaa tournament most points by individual futures

2ndGoat
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
WSEX Individual player with most points scored in the tournament:

J.J. Redick is Sell 15/Buy 18, strike that, just pushed to 16/19, the buy translates to a money line of +426 now. I know nothing about sports betting. I have never done it except for the office pool (which I was researching when I came across this). However, it struck me as a favorable short, especially if he puts up a pretty good amount in the first game and his prices rises.

I base this somewhat off of Sean May only going for 9/12 when UNC is 7-2 to win while Duke is 7-1.

Could you folks share your thoughts?

2nd

Blackjack
03-16-2005, 06:28 PM
So at WSEX - you can sell whenever you want and they collect $ via the difference between the sell price and buy price?

Can you sell no matter what or does there need to be demand

2ndGoat
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
Honestly I'm not sure, but I think you *can* take the sell price whenever.

The problem, I believe, is if you short, I think you have to put up the full $100 contract up front that you will owe if it comes through. So if you plan to ride it the whole way, you better not need that $1000 in the next three weeks that you plan to use to make $200, or whatever.

2nd

2ndGoat
03-16-2005, 07:08 PM
So I ended up shorting redick one contract at 16, and figure to short a little more after the first game if the price rises.

I also picked up 5 contracts on Jawad Williams and Sheldon Williams at $3 per.

2nd