View Full Version : AA failed limp reraise.

partygirluk
03-16-2005, 06:19 PM
Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em, $ BB (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP3 ($18.45)
CO ($17.34)
Button ($20.05)
SB ($14.8)
BB ($26.8)
<font color="#C00000">Partygirl ($44.2)</font>
UTG+1 ($17)
<font color="#C00000">UTG+2 ($33.66)</font>
MP1 ($13.4)
MP2 ($32.7)

Preflop: Partygirl is UTG with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/heart.gif. MP3 posts a blind of $0.35. SB posts a blind of $0.1.
Partygirl calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+2 calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB (poster) completes, BB checks.

Flop: ($1.35) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Partygirl checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets $2</font>, MP3 folds, SB folds, BB folds, Partygirl calls $2.

Turn: ($5.35) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Partygirl checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets $4</font>, Partygirl calls $4.

River: ($13.35) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Partygirl checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+2 bets $5</font>, Partygirl calls $5.

Final Pot: $23.35

Preflop is not interesting, nor the point of this hand. What do you make of my passivity postflop? This was going to be my final hand on the table if that makes a difference.

schwza
03-16-2005, 06:23 PM
i dunno... they "keep the pot small with unimproved AA," which you certainly did, but you also gave all the free cards the villain wanted.

i don't play full table at all, but i'd have led the flop.

tbach24
03-16-2005, 06:27 PM
Limp/raise is FPS unless the table is ULTRA-aggressive.
But since you didn't want to hear about PF...

Throw in a raise on the flop. Charge them for their 5 outer.

TheDrone
03-16-2005, 06:44 PM
I'm not risking a check through on the flop with that draw-heavy board. Since you check called, I would at least raise the turn because it looks like UTG+2 is betting top pair now. Charge the more likely 5-outer and the less likely 8 or 9-outer.

kurto
03-16-2005, 07:13 PM
with a limped pot, there's no reason to put the villain on any particular hand.

Things to consider... isn't UTG overbetting the pot on the flop? What does that mean? That's what I would do if I had a really strong hand but was worried about the flush draw.

Since there was no raise pf, 10-Q, pocket 2s... all possible.

I think a flop bet (or reraise) is absolute required.

I would keep the pot small since the pot was unraised.

"What do you make of my passivity postflop? This was going to be my final hand on the table if that makes a difference." Shouldn't change the way you play a hand.

poboy
03-16-2005, 07:18 PM
I forget where I read it(maybe Harrington's book) but it said NEVER try to limp-reraise online with AA or KK. This seems especially relevant to small-stakes online play, where deception is really unnecessary. I know you weren't asking about pf, but that is where the root of the problem is. I would have led at the flop, there are just too many cards you don't want to see on the turn. Since you didn't I would at least check-raise to find out how much UTG+2 likes their hand. The turn same story, passivity will not win in the long run. The river call is fine considering how you played the rest of the hand, you can't raise because you have no idea where you're at. You can't fold because than there would have been no point in calling on the flop and turn. JMO

tree_stump
03-16-2005, 07:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Flop: ($1.35) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, Partygirl checks

[/ QUOTE ]

Why? Lead the flop. If you're afraid of this flop, it's because that thing you didn't want to hear about is coming back to bite you in the ass. If you're going to check/call, just muck it - then you won't get sucked out on.

partygirluk
03-16-2005, 07:53 PM
Put the other 4 on a range of hands. How likely do you think it is I am ahead on the flop?

Perhaps I am playing scared, but I didn't like the idea of getting raised on the flop. I don't fancy building a big pot out of position. I am happy to check call the flop once it is clearly going to be short handed as I ahve the A /images/graemlins/spade.gif , I was going to lead out a /images/graemlins/spade.gif turn.

Yeknom58
03-16-2005, 09:07 PM
I would have lead the flop because if it got checked through that would be bad.

Once it gets heads up though call on the flop/turn seem okay.

I'm definitely leading the river as the odds of this getting check throught seem high even if he has a pretty good queen. I'm thinking 1/2 pot on the river.

Yeknom58
03-16-2005, 09:13 PM
Put the limpers on a range of hands....hmmmmm crap, crap, and more crap..I think the odds of you being ahead here are about 35% or better.

"I was going to lead out a spade turn"

This plan doesn't make any sense...if any thing I'm leading a non spade turn. Why would you lead a spade on the turn and make a single queen fold because of the scary flush oooo..do you want a bare queen to fold here? This makes sense if the bettor would only bet bet 2pair or better and fold if the flush came in..was this the case. I doubt it.

Yeknom58
03-16-2005, 09:15 PM
"Shouldn't change the way you play a hand"

Sometimes I get way too loose preflop if I know it will be my last hand. I've gotten burnt by this at least 2 times....but I can't seem to stop...please help suited cards look sooo good UTG and it's my last hand. I might need some aversion shock therapy here.