View Full Version : Poker Tracker Question -- Multiple Databases

colgin
03-16-2005, 05:39 PM
Hi all. I recently started getting error messages when PT tried to import my HHs. I wrote support and they said that my database was full. They told me the issue was with how large a database could become per Microsoft Access, not a PT issue. Anywho, that made some sense on the one hand since I was still on my first database for the 1+ year that I had PT. On the other hand, I only had around 60,000 hands in PT since I don't play too much. I am sure may here play that many hands per month (not to mention those who datamine the game). Are they having to start new databases constantly. If so, it must be difficult to just calculate your BB/100 not to mention other stats as you would have to average across many databases.

My first question is whether I am doing something wrong. Should I still be able to import more HHs into my 1st database if there are around 60,000 hands in it. If not, then how is the best way to organize my hands into multiple databases. Should I start a new one for all 2005 hands. Should I break out by limits and/or sites. All suggestions/recommendations are appreciated.

Thanks.

Colgin

colgin
03-17-2005, 02:00 PM

KaiShin
03-17-2005, 03:47 PM
Do you compact your databases regularly?

I'm still on my first database so I can't really share guidelines as to splitting them up.