PDA

View Full Version : DcifrThs goes passssssssssive...

DcifrThs
03-16-2005, 05:06 PM
30/60....villian is EMP and is 29.65/11.25/1.7

villian raises im in sb with AsQs. i call. bb folds. heads up.

Kd3c2h. i check he bets i call.

4c. i check he bets i call.

th. i check he bets i call.

comments? i think i did something wrong here somewhere...dont know where...but i do know its odd to go through a whole hand where i have a good hand and dont raise, bet, or fold on any of the 4 streets...just doesn't feel right...

-Barron

Turning Stone Pro
03-16-2005, 05:09 PM
Fold the turn.

TSP

URMeowed
03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
I agree. The pot is relatively small, he's not a real loose raiser and he has position. I know you picked up the gutshot draw but you will have to pay two big bets to see 77 88 99 or KQ. This is the problem I used to run into when I first started playing on Party...paying off ace highs. Granted, there are many spots when it's a must but going by just his stats, this isn't one of them. You can't possibly be giving up that much EV if at all.

Meow.

DcifrThs
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
i check river of K342T he bets i call he shows A9o and MHIG...

feeling downright confused, DcifThs enters passive zone again:

23/9/1.79 raises in hijack, CO (bad player) cold calls...i call in BB with Ah8h flop comes J5h3x.

i check hijack bets CO folds i call.

turn is 2h. i check he bets i call.

river is 9 of something or other...(not a heart) i check he checks i table Ah8h he shows As7s and mucks...

i think these two hands are PUSHING the absolute limits and that the 2nd one i should have probably c'red the turn ... but i think im onto a strategy here lol...

-Barron

ClaytonN
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
You've got TommyAngelo'itis.

CN

DcifrThs
03-16-2005, 09:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You've got TommyAngelo'itis.

CN

[/ QUOTE ]

nah...i had no pair, not nut pair...

-Barron

SinCityGuy
03-16-2005, 09:38 PM
This must be a Barron body double.

This isn't the same Barron that I saw running over the hapless Mirage 20/40 players. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

DcifrThs
03-16-2005, 09:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
This must be a Barron body double.

This isn't the same Barron that I saw running over the hapless Mirage 20/40 players. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

lol, thus the post /images/graemlins/wink.gif

and enon and i will likely be hitting vegas again this summer, i'll keep ya posted.

-Barron

tolbiny
03-16-2005, 10:01 PM
i agree-
be carefull the next sympton is a bad back from carrying around all that extra money.

Barry
03-16-2005, 10:58 PM
If you're not careful, you'll start to play like me.

Your Mom
03-17-2005, 12:15 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold the turn.

TSP

[/ QUOTE ]

No way I am folding this turn. Could have 10 outs and your hand might be good. I'd raise before I fold.

jgorham
03-17-2005, 12:26 AM
I think I would 3bet this hand preflop. I pretty much 3bet any PFR who raises as much as this guy - 11% is really a lot more than AA-TT and AK. This guy is raising Ak-At, kq, kj at least, as well as lower pocket pairs. Not to mention he opened with a raise, which lowers the standards a little. When you 3bet here you are putting the pressure on his ace high or lower pocket pair or whatever for the rest of the hand.

I feel this is an auto 3bet if you had position on him, so an argument could be made for calling from the blinds, but I still feel like this is a 3bet. Anyone else?

TStoneMBD
03-17-2005, 12:29 AM
i agree. i always look to 3bet before coldcalling. it makes the hand that much eaiser to play, even out of position.

DcifrThs
03-17-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
If you're not careful, you'll start to play like me.

[/ QUOTE ]

oh...what? should i be scared of being great at lots of stuff but an expert at nothing /images/graemlins/wink.gif

id like that fate, sir...and by the way...if i can play like you and have a plane...ship me to pilot school, buddy /images/graemlins/smile.gif

-Barron

JasonP530
03-17-2005, 08:52 PM
Dcifer,

Were you planning on going to showdown with the AQ, no matter what fell? If so I like the line, but Im not sure your opponent was a loose enough raiser for that(maybe you had another read). I like the play with A8 very much.