PDA

View Full Version : Another heads-up hand from last night's tournament

Andy B
03-16-2005, 04:20 PM
This about did me in, and rightly so:

Tournament - 7 Card Stud Hi/Lo Limit - Level IX (400/800), ante 50.

Stack Sizes:

Hero: (5739)
Seat 3: (12261)

3rd Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif__raises__calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif__bets__raises

4th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif__checks__calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif__bets

5th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif__checks
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif__checks

6th Street

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif__calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif__bets

River

Hero: J/images/graemlins/club.gif 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif A/images/graemlins/spade.gif J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 3/images/graemlins/club.gif K/images/graemlins/club.gif 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif__calls
Seat 3: xx xx T/images/graemlins/club.gif J/images/graemlins/spade.gif 7/images/graemlins/club.gif T/images/graemlins/spade.gif xx__bets

greenage
03-16-2005, 04:51 PM
You should have check-raised me on 4th. Not sure I would have folded right there, but a follow up bet on 5th probably would have done it.

Aicirt
03-16-2005, 04:55 PM
I think I fold on 3rd street. You have to give him credit for at least split Ts when he comes out firing into your A door. Depending on the situation, I might flat call, but I dont think I could raise here.

When he pairs his door on 6th, I think you have to fold. I have him on split T's and now I think that by calling youre drawing to one out.

Aicirt

Aicirt
03-16-2005, 04:59 PM
Yes, I agree. Given the fact that he reraised on 3rd, I think betting 4th street or check raising would have been the best play.

Aicirt

Andy B
03-16-2005, 07:11 PM
I didn't realize that greenage had brought it in for a full bet until I hit the raise button. Otherwise, I definitely muck on third.

The check-raise on fourth is a good suggestion. I was just relieved to have made a pair.

Absolutely, I should have folded sixth. I was just able to convince myself that I somehow had more outs than now seems reasonable. Paying off on the river was probably foolish, but at that point, I was pretty well sunk anyway. I thought my best chance was to hope that greenage was somehow screwing around. If by some miracle I won, I'd be slightly behind in chips. If I folded, I'd be way behind in chips.

No two ways about it. I played this hand badly and deserved to lose. Congrats, greenage.