PDA

View Full Version : 6s on the button - on the bubble

maldini
03-16-2005, 04:01 PM
dont have the hand history but can recreate this bubble hand. tough decision for me. please advise.

$20 SNG Pokerstars
4 players. blinds are 75/150.
im on the button with ~T1900, the player to my left (SB) has ~T1800 not counting the small blind posted. the BB has ~T5000 and UTG also has ~T5000.

UTG limps. he is clearly the worst player. limps almost every hand. has called some raises with aweful cards and won to get this far. hasnt been calling many raises lately.

i get 66 on the button. now in my mind i'm facing a limp and 2 random hands. i have a tight image (not sure if this matters much at the $20s) and both my opponents are decent by not great. i mean 2 things by this. one, they probably wont call a raise with Ax or Kx. two, i can outplay them and so my chips should be more valuable to me than their actual value. the limper is a moron.

i push from the button. basically against 3 random hands. my reasoning is that there are $375 in the pot. if i can pick this up i can put some distance between me and the SB. also i can still hurt the big stacks so calling is less likely for them. also, i dont want to limp into 3rd with no chips. i dont think you can make SNGs work if you are coming in 3rd all the time. i think there it is likely that the SB will can with A8 or better and K10 or better and all pairs. of course i could be wrong. mainly, i think his calling standards are below that of a solid player's. meaning he'll call with cards one probably shouldnt, but may not make a god aweful call.

should i wait for a better spot? what are the odds someone has a calling hand here and if they do, do i want to gamble to get enough chips to play for 1st?

thanks

maldini
03-16-2005, 05:45 PM
bumpy.

can some of you expert SNG players at least tell why my post is not getting replied to? (ie, too stupid a play, just happened to move pages too quickly, wrong forum, you're not part of our SNG "click", etc.)

would really appreciate insight on this. my bubble play has alot of leaks. i dont play anything early so need good bubble tactics.

thanks

Phil Van Sexton
03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
can some of you expert SNG players at least tell why my post is not getting replied to?

[/ QUOTE ]

- The hand is hard to read when not in converter format or something close it to.

- All the rambling about your thoughts and feelings is excessive and people lose interest before finishing reading.

maldini
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
thanks. probably true. felt is was all data required in the decision but that doesnt mean it should be posted in retrospect.

curtains
03-16-2005, 06:01 PM
I think allin is fine.

kevstreet
03-16-2005, 06:08 PM
This is either a push or fold situation. It appears you have a pretty good read on the players, so you will probably only be called by a monster hand. I think your push is fine and I'm guessing the majority of the players here would probably try and take down the 375 as well.

curtains
03-16-2005, 06:11 PM
I dont think at all that this is push or fold. Calling is quite playable here and I prefer it to folding.