PDA

View Full Version : When do i get scared (if at all)

Alobar
03-16-2005, 03:00 PM
Normally I dont make posts like these, as they get made ALL the time, but I had a relative break from the game and now that Im back into full swing again, I've got questions about all the dumb little things I never had questions about before....anyway, heres the hand, and the obvious how many bets question

opponent is 18/12/2 but only like 50 hands, so give that the credit it deserves (not much IMO, heh)

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is Button with 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (6.40 SB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (6.20 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB 3-bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, BB calls.

River: (14.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 16.20 BB

oh, and cap PF??

J.R.
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
I cap preflop because 1) he appears to be a bit weak-ight and 2) he also appears to be a studious/tyring to play well guy, so he probabaly is more inlined to 3-bet form the sb w/ any playable hand, so your 44 is quite likely best.

TT or 77? and npt an overpair?, I like a raise on the river because those hands will be hard pressed to 3-bet with the flush/straights that have completed.

ISF
03-16-2005, 04:54 PM
I think you played it perectly. Even with only fifty hands a guy with those numbers isnt betting the river with one pair hand very often after the turn was capped. I only call this river to. You have to be ahead well more then fifty percent of the time for a raise to be right here and I would guess your good about half the time here maybe a little more.

J.R.
03-16-2005, 05:12 PM
I just re-read it and realized you, not your opponent, capped the turn. I'd just call the river.

MAxx
03-16-2005, 05:53 PM
i would not have considered capping pf. interesting, and i like JR's reasoning. However, doesn't capping pf with a little pp against a tighty... make it kind of hard to get away from your hand when you should on bad flops?

When else do you consider capping pf with non pp, non premium hands in steal situations?

J.R.
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
make it kind of hard to get away from your hand when you should on bad flops?

[/ QUOTE ]

I kinda think the opposite becuase he isn't calling light and will generally not seek to re-take the initiative v. a preflop capper on a big card board without big cards. Guys with this profile tend to fold to quickly as well, maaning you can entice better hands to fold IMO.

ggbman
03-16-2005, 05:58 PM
After he leads the river, i prolly just call to, if he has AA or KK dont leave that seat till you have all his money.