PDA

View Full Version : Nevada Jack Classic Chips

KyleH186
03-16-2005, 02:57 PM
Last night after a bad beat, one of our regulars slammed his chips down, and in doing so broke 2 $5, and $1 dollar Nevada Jack classic clay chips.

The 2 5s are red with yellow markers, and the 1 dollar chip is blue.

They were not mine, but my friends. However I told the owner I would help find replacement chips. The manufacturer doesn't make the exact model anymore. Does anyone know any way to get replacement chips without shelling out more than 100 dollars? Thanks

TenPercenter
03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
Are these the fairly new ones? Or actual old chips?

ie:

This:
http://www.oldvegaschips.com/aladdin111.jpg

vs This:
http://www.nevadajacks.net/!chip_pics001/njclay_1.jpg

Ten

KyleH186
03-16-2005, 03:25 PM
They are fairly new I guess, made within the last 5 years, but the chips that nevada jack has now dont match these, so buying replacements of those would require basically changing out the entire set of $1 chips and $5 dollar chips for the new ones, which is really an expensive venture for 3 chips.

TenPercenter
03-16-2005, 03:26 PM
What color are the $1 and what color are the $5?

Ten

KyleH186
03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
The 5 dollar chips are red with yellow markers, and the 1 dollar chips are blue.

Slow Play Ray
03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
They are probably these (http://www.holdempokerchips.com/proddetail.asp?prod=YSET93&cat=18).

KyleH186
03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
Yes, it is that version of the chips, totally different number of each chip value though (very few 25s) but yes basically the same thing.

Slow Play Ray
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
So, buy them, take what you need, and sell the rest on eBay...!

Johnny5
03-16-2005, 03:39 PM
Those are the ASM version, before the switch to Blue Chip correct?

J5

Slow Play Ray
03-16-2005, 03:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Those are the ASM version, before the switch to Blue Chip correct?

[/ QUOTE ]

correct.

KyleH186
03-16-2005, 03:53 PM
Buying a whole new set and selling it on eBay seems a bit impractical, is there nowhere that sells the chips individually as replacements or at least in smaller sets?

Slow Play Ray
03-16-2005, 04:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Buying a whole new set and selling it on eBay seems a bit impractical, is there nowhere that sells the chips individually as replacements or at least in smaller sets?

[/ QUOTE ]

I have not seen them anywhere else, as they are out of production now. And when they were in production, the poker boom hadn't started, so I would guess they didn't make that many of them...

ClonexxSA
03-16-2005, 04:09 PM
The guy that slammed the chips down and broke em needs a severe beating and needs to be shelling out the cash for replacements, however you do it.

KyleH186
03-16-2005, 04:21 PM
Oh don't worry, hes definitely paying for the replacements. We have some short fuses in our game. There was also a broken TV remote last night.

savage_here
03-16-2005, 04:35 PM
Might I suggest that at your next game, you bring in an anger management speaker...or start making Prozac martinis...

Savage

Francis
03-16-2005, 04:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Oh don't worry, hes definitely paying for the replacements. We have some short fuses in our game. There was also a broken TV remote last night.

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, what do you guys do about string bets? Do you make everyone check their pieces at the door?

Slow Play Ray
03-16-2005, 05:19 PM
I play in one game occassionally where the guys like to rip the cards after a bad beat...or for any other reason they get angry, for that matter. I have never seen them go through less than 3 decks in a night.

spicychili
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play in one game occassionally where the guys like to rip the cards after a bad beat...or for any other reason they get angry, for that matter. I have never seen them go through less than 3 decks in a night.

[/ QUOTE ]

That person would leave my house with some broken fingers.

Slow Play Ray
03-16-2005, 05:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That person would leave my house with some broken fingers.

[/ QUOTE ]

It's not one guy, it's everyone. These guys have been playing together for 15 years - it's a joke to them...it is pretty funny to witness actually. They always have a fresh deck ready to go as a backup, just in case. I am quite sure they would never do it outside of their circle.

ClonexxSA
03-16-2005, 07:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh I think that's actually pretty funny. As long as they are all paying for the cards and they are cheapo paper cards then all is well.

If they did it outside their little circle, that wouldn't be so funny =P

jtr
03-16-2005, 07:50 PM
Guys, see what happens when you have blue $1 chips? I'm glad Ten made the right decision on the group buy.

maryfield48
03-16-2005, 08:49 PM
You know I swore I'd posted this about 5 hours ago. But anyway, one of the people involved with holdempokerchips.com (http://holdempokerchips.com) is a member here - MSPatton. PM him, maybe he can hook you up with a smaller quantity.

Leonard
03-16-2005, 08:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
You know I swore I'd posted this about 5 hours ago. But anyway, one of the people involved with holdempokerchips.com (http://holdempokerchips.com) is a member here - MSPatton. PM him, maybe he can hook you up with a smaller quantity.

[/ QUOTE ]

maybe you can buy a set of samples modified to replace your missing chips.

Leonard