PDA

View Full Version : Rice at Chipotle

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 02:23 PM
So... you're eating a burrito from Chipotle and a couple little bits of rice fall out and land on your shirt. What do you do with them? Does it matter if it's one little rice kernel or a a small clump? Assume you're alone or with someone who you don't care if they see you eat something off your shirt.

mike l.
03-16-2005, 02:25 PM
eat it no matter what. sometimes it's good to get it without rice, get the bell peppers and onion instead. also the chips and salsa there are good if you get the really spicy salsa. oh and the corn salsa rules.

astroglide
03-16-2005, 02:29 PM
toss it because it's not mexican/orange rice

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 02:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
D'oh! I put the over/under at the third reply. My other lines are still open though.

slickpoppa
03-16-2005, 02:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

i dont now why everyone makes such a big deal about that. rice is rice

Matty
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
Alone I will pick up a single kernel. In company I will not eat anything that falls. Therefore I can not in good conscience vote in your poll.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 02:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alone I will pick up a single kernel. In company I will not eat anything that falls. Therefore I can not in good conscience vote in your poll.

[/ QUOTE ]
Your vote in this situation is for eat it under any circumstances. The choice was poorly worded.

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You need to immediately remove your avatar. Anyone that has spent any amount of time in Texas would not concur.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 02:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
My contention is that I don't care if it's 100% true to Mexican culture. It's a [censored] fast food burrito and it's good. It's good - that's all I care about. I don't care to get all uppity about whether my fast food is completely authentic. Also, it's good. Anybody who doesn't like Chipotle just because the rice is the wrong color is a complete uppity jackass retard.

OtisTheMarsupial
03-16-2005, 02:55 PM
Chipotle bonus whoring...

cluck like a chicken when you order a chicken burrito and your burrito will be free.

try it

IndieMatty
03-16-2005, 02:58 PM
I've never had chipotle.

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 02:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never had chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me either. I've never even seen one.

Two Finger
03-16-2005, 03:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've never had chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

try 44th and Lex. Solid lunch choice.

mmbt0ne
03-16-2005, 03:03 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />
I've never had chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ni moi. But I do have a coupon for a free burrito.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 03:05 PM
We've also now officially hit the over on how many replies it'd take before someone mentioned that Chipotle's owned by McDonald's and it therefore can't be anything but the purest of pure vile [censored].

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 03:07 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I've never had chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First, you must find your local Chipotle and pick up that free burrito - I highly recommend the steak.

Second, what the hell language is "ni moi"?

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We've also now officially hit the over on how many replies it'd take before someone mentioned that Chipotle's owned by McDonald's and it therefore can't be anything but the purest of pure vile [censored].

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware of this, but now feel much better about having never eaten there.

shant
03-16-2005, 03:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

By the way, I like Chipotle. I used to eat it a lot because there was one near my school, and then near my first job. But I ate the tacos because that white rice thing in a burrito tasted funny to me.

And the corn salsa does rule.

Patrick del Poker Grande
03-16-2005, 03:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was not aware of this, but now feel much better about having never eaten there.

[/ QUOTE ]
How could you not know this by now? It's been brought up in all 13967349576934769367 threads we've had about Chipotle. Also, I'm sorry to say it, but you're being an idiot if you're not going to Chipotle just because McDonald's has ownership in them. It is NOT McDonald's, nor is it a Mexican form of McDonald's - the quality is MUCH higher.

IndieMatty
03-16-2005, 03:14 PM
I work on Wall St. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 03:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
How could you not know this by now? It's been brought up in all 13967349576934769367 threads we've had about Chipotle. Also, I'm sorry to say it, but you're being an idiot if you're not going to Chipotle just because McDonald's has ownership in them. It is NOT McDonald's, nor is it a Mexican form of McDonald's - the quality is MUCH higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm not going to one because as far as i know there isn't one anywhere near me. This is also why I generally dont read past the initial "Chipotle!" post and don't know about McD's ownership. i feel better about there not being one near me, however, knowing it's owned by mcdonalds. it keeps my expectations down. however, i would try one if there were one nearby.

mmbt0ne
03-16-2005, 03:20 PM
I've never had chipotle.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
First, you must find your local Chipotle and pick up that free burrito - I highly recommend the steak.

Second, what the hell language is "ni moi"?

[/ QUOTE ]

I drive past a Chipotle probably twice a week, so I guess that makes my transgression even worse.

Ni moi is French for "me neither" or "nor me."

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 03:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ni moi is French for "me neither" or "nor me."

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought you were talking about the Star Trek guy...Leonard Ni Moi.

GuyOnTilt
03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking me?

GoT

jakethebake
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Are you joking me? GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Holy crap!!! "are you joking me?".. I've only heard one person say that in my life, and we all thought he was an idiot! but is that a regional thing? i'm serious. is it?

astroglide
03-16-2005, 03:34 PM
it's not about being true to mexico. i'm not from there. i don't care. orange rice just tastes a lot better. if somebody put soy sauce in my spaghetti i wouldn't be upset that it wasn't italian, i'd be upset that it didn't taste as good.

slickpoppa
03-16-2005, 03:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking me?

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

I probably should have clarified more. To me rice is rice. But that is not why I think that the lack of Mexican rice in Chipotle doesn't matter. Basically I agree with what Patrick said:

[ QUOTE ]
My contention is that I don't care if it's 100% true to Mexican culture. It's a [censored] fast food burrito and it's good. It's good - that's all I care about. I don't care to get all uppity about whether my fast food is completely authentic. Also, it's good. Anybody who doesn't like Chipotle just because the rice is the wrong color is a complete uppity jackass retard.

[/ QUOTE ]

Even if you think that Mexican rice would be better, it's not like the white rice is so vile that the food is inedible.

daryn
03-16-2005, 03:38 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
it's not about being true to mexico. i'm not from there. i don't care. orange rice just tastes a lot better. if somebody put soy sauce in my spaghetti i wouldn't be upset that it wasn't italian, i'd be upset that it didn't taste as good.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're en fuego lately

beerbandit
04-19-2005, 03:46 PM
was in cincy this past weekend and had chipotle for the first time ---there are not any in my area, if at all (lower mich)

it was pretty good --- i do not like onions though and i could really taste them in the salsa i picked

not bad though overall -- seems similar to pancheros
the guac was pretty good

i did drop some and what was caught was eaten

cheers