PDA

View Full Version : Worked my big stack to perfection, anybody ever experience this?

Simplistic
03-16-2005, 12:40 PM
I had one of the most enjoyable SNGs of my life during what was probably close to my worst day of losses ever. quite bittersweet.

was a Stars 10 dollah sng and there were about 7 left when I lost a big hand and was chipped down to 400 or so. managed to make some steals and win some all-ins when it counted and built my stack up to abit above average then I went on a steal fest, stealing at least 2x per orbit.

Finally I had built my stack to where I had some moving space to push people around, if they raised PF, they were likely looking at a re-raise from me. I don't think I ever got played back at.

if someone called my steal raise I almost always stared down at 2 pair, otherwise they bet weak and opened themselves up for a raise for most of their chips and then they promptly buckled.

I think I ended up taking out each remaining player of the 7. some were coin flips, some I had them dominated but it was basically ala Brunson, accumulate your stacks so that you're getting a freeroll at eliminating a player and making your stack indomitable.

It just doesn't happen that often when the stars align and your steals flop monsters and you can basically do no wrong. felt great.

that's my story and i'm sticking to it /images/graemlins/blush.gif

The once and future king
03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
felt great.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is what you did wrong.