PDA

View Full Version : Variance question?

rohjoh
03-16-2005, 12:14 PM
I do not think this has been asked before, but if it has, sorry. I just got done playing a set of 4 $55's and did not win a hand. I can understand going 0-4, that has happened before, but what is the most hands you have played without winning a hand? It took me until level 3 on my second set of 4 tourneys to win my first hand. I could not pick up any playable hands. Just seemed to get blinded down, until I picked up a playeable hand, and then would either run into a monster, or get a flop like AAQ, with pocket JJ's. After dropping 8 straight, my stats were like 320 hands, 15% flops seen, 2% hands won, 25% showdowns won. I lost most of them on the bubble pushing with hands like AQ to find the BB with AK(or some simular dominated hand). Not complaining, it happens, but just courious to see what the longest anyone has gone without winning a single hand?

Slim Pickens
03-16-2005, 02:09 PM
Do you mean "winning a hand" or "winning a showdown?" I know I have entire tournaments without winning a showdown fairly often, and I think I've put together streaks of five or six of those, but I won hands in there without showdowns.

Slim

rohjoh
03-16-2005, 02:22 PM
I did not win a single hand in the first 4! I have never had this happen before. I did not win a single hand, not even a blind fold to my BB in 4 tourneys. Had very few hands, and when I did, got a couple callers, and horrible flops. Had to throw away QQ (raised 3x BB with 3 callers) when flop was AAK. It was very strange, never really had an opportunity to outplay, or even bluff an opponent. I play tight rounds 1-3, but not that tight. The 4 hands I went out on pushing in level 5-6 with 800+- chips were AQ vs AK, JJ vs KK, 99 vs JJ, and AJ vs AQ. I was behind in all 4, so I cnanot really complain about being sucked out on, but not winning a single hand is crazy.

ColdestCall
03-16-2005, 04:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I did not win a single hand in the first 4! I have never had this happen before. I did not win a single hand, not even a blind fold to my BB in 4 tourneys. Had very few hands, and when I did, got a couple callers, and horrible flops. Had to throw away QQ (raised 3x BB with 3 callers) when flop was AAK. It was very strange, never really had an opportunity to outplay, or even bluff an opponent. I play tight rounds 1-3, but not that tight. The 4 hands I went out on pushing in level 5-6 with 800+- chips were AQ vs AK, JJ vs KK, 99 vs JJ, and AJ vs AQ. I was behind in all 4, so I cnanot really complain about being sucked out on, but not winning a single hand is crazy.

[/ QUOTE ]

Long odds against this
but if you play enough times
this happens often.