PDA

View Full Version : 8 tabling the $11s or 4 tabling the 22s, next step for me?

1C5
03-16-2005, 11:45 AM
I don't plan to be 4 tabling the $11s forever. Just looking for your advice. Of course I won't just jump to 4 tables of 22 or 8 tables of 11 but where should my next goal be?

I am thinking the 22s (as in stay with 4 tabling so i can learn more than I could at 8 tabling) but just looking to hear your thoughts.

Apathy
03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
mix in some 22's with your 11's, stay 4 tabling... and then move up to the 22's when you are comfortable (emotionally and BR wise). Oh and starting with less then 4 at a new level is often a good idea to get comfortable as well.

Scuba Chuck
03-16-2005, 01:17 PM
IC5, these are my current thoughts, as I am wrestling with a similar scenario. Do I begin to learn to play 5+ tables here, or do I begin my learning curve to play the $109s?

My current level, the $33s, are sort of a final destination table for many players, as the $55s can be a slightly different animal. Due to the difference in play (and players) as you transition from the $33 table to the $55 tables, I think it would make more sense to wait until you are comfortable 4 tabling the $33s. Once you've reached this level of "expertise" then consider whether to move up a level or to add tables.

Also, I think that jumping to 8 from 4 tables is a mistake. Try 5 tabling for some number of games, then 6 and so on.

One of the forums excellent posters - ZeeJustin, had said that he regrets advancing to 8 tables too early as it stunted his learning curve.

Start the $22s, they are very easy. The only reason you'll have any trouble there is psychological.