PDA

View Full Version : 99 facing HU turn checkraise

Hawkeye27
03-16-2005, 11:19 AM
Having shown strength on the flop I felt this was an appropriate laydown. The BB was loose with average aggression numbers. Is this too strong to lay down HU?

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 9/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif. CO posts a blind of $2.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) checks, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO folds, SB folds, BB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 7 BB

Fat Nicky
03-16-2005, 11:23 AM
i would fold this too...

27offsooot
03-16-2005, 11:24 AM
Raise PF, and the fold is fine.

Fat Nicky
03-16-2005, 11:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Raise PF

[/ QUOTE ]

yea, raise this pre-flop 100% of the time, forgot to mention this in my post.

gvibes
03-16-2005, 01:01 PM
Looks good.

DMBFan23
03-16-2005, 01:05 PM
the interesting thing to me is that, if say an 8 had fallen I would be inclined to call down, but as it is, a fold seems prudent. but really, it's unlikely he plays any K hands like this.

gvibes
03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looks good.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I lied. Raise preflop.

Aces_up07
03-16-2005, 03:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
the interesting thing to me is that, if say an 8 had fallen I would be inclined to call down, but as it is, a fold seems prudent. but really, it's unlikely he plays any K hands like this.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, he did get a free play in the big blind, so it is possible that he woke up when he hit his kicker on the turn. He also could have decided to try and drag extra bets out of our hero with a low set, thinking that a river checkraise would get more bang then capping the flop. I think the most likely hand for the BB to hold is the K6o, then everything seems to make sense.

Raising preflop is a much better play here, I think not raising probably cost you this pot against K6o

stillbr
03-16-2005, 04:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Raising preflop is a much better play here, I think not raising probably cost you this pot against K6o

[/ QUOTE ]

sometimes i wonder how some people try to even put someone on a hand this specific. Rarely can you put someone on an exact hand. And never in this situation.

A better way to look at it would be...

BB was not raised preflop so he got a free look. BB himself did not raise preflop. The flop came 2 5 6 with 2hearts. BB bet out. What could he be betting with here? obvious are heart draw, 6-big card, 3-4, any 2 pair, trips.

Now think about the player. If he hit trips would he bet it out, or does he always go for a turn check raise? Would he bet out a draw in EP? Would he bet out 2 overcards into everyone?

You raised, and he just called. All of these hands are still equally likely given no reads, although I might expect that it is more likely the 2 pair to re-raise than just call.

on the turn you get check-raised. Is this a thinking player that knows your a thinking player(un-likely at 2/4) if so this could still be the heart draw. Would 6-any other big card besides a K do this. NO. K-6 yes. Trips-yes.

Reads are always player dependent. Your thinking should be somthing along the lines of this.