PDA

View Full Version : Middle Limit Holdem Starting Requirements

Worldclass
03-16-2005, 10:19 AM
I have recently moved up to middle limit & I was wondering what the best set of published starting requirements are either in book or chart format.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-16-2005, 10:42 AM
eeek. if you don't have a good grasp of playable hands i don't think you're ready for middle limit games, chart or no chart.

GreywolfNYC
03-16-2005, 11:01 AM
HEPFAP is probably the best one out there, but starting hand requirements are very table-dependent. I personally don't adhere strictly to any author's chart.

onegymrat
03-16-2005, 04:08 PM
Hi WC,

Jumping on the bandwagon here, if you are moving up to middle limits (10-20 and up), you really should have a good grasp of starting requirements. That being said, should you need to compare what you already are doing, HEFAP sets a great guideline to what you should play. However, this should be your default list only, because the table dynamics can change so much (especially with today's general looser play compared to a few years back), so even THAT list may not be correct at times.

noir
03-16-2005, 05:35 PM
I'd say you have to develop your own mental chart of sorts based on a mix of HEFAP and SSHE. Understand the principles of these guidelines, know thyself and apply.

A_C_Slater
03-16-2005, 05:43 PM
He's not asking to be made into the best player on Earth. He just wants some good default guidelines to follow.

I suggest following Small stakes hold em's "Tight" chart. It is easier to memorize than HEPFAP and it takes into account the looser nature of today's mid limit hold em games.