PDA

View Full Version : I'm a MTT maniac

Zoltri
03-16-2005, 09:19 AM
I am a tight B&M mid-level ring player...that is what I do to make money at poker.

Online I am a friggin maniac who loves to play MTT's. I love the fact that I can become a bully and use my imagination and basically cut loose compared to the way I usually play live.

The problem is I have gone too far. /images/graemlins/grin.gif
My confidence was too high and I have become too brash and reckless. I am embarrased to say I recently won a huge pot playing 27o because I was on the button and I knew I could take it down. I'm nuts.

I have made final tables on many occasions and chip leader at some point too many times to list but never won a tourney of significance. I dont have to tell you the rush you get as the field gets down to the last 50 or so.

The funny thing is, I seem to tighten up as the field gets closer to the final table. The money gets inside of my head but I think I should go with what got me there. I hope soon I can post a decent win.

I must say, the info you guys provide has helped me with my MTT play and I thank you. See you at the final table. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Simplistic
03-16-2005, 01:39 PM
i feel like tiger woods except i'm not even close to a good player, but i'm working out my game. i know i can play good solid poker, but MTT doesn't reward good solid poker as much as it awards being the attacker (at least mid-late game) hopefully I have the kinks worked out and can become better and better. yesterday was absolutely horrid for me, was on golden palace and entered a 36+xx buy-in. was 3.5k guaranteed so basically if there's even 70 people in the tourney your'e getting value for your dollar, turns out there was 56 people. I ended up busting 44th after a fish hits a 4 outer. I wanted to matsuow so bad.