PDA

View Full Version : ATo UTG =-O

thesharpie
03-16-2005, 04:59 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, Hero calls, UTG+1 calls, UTG+2 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (11.40 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, UTG+2 folds, MP1 calls, Button folds, Hero calls.

Turn: (7.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 3-bets</font>, Hero folds.

Final Pot: 12.20 BB

I was planning a check raise on the flop, unfortunately the person to my left bet out. Should I still raise the flop or wait for the turn? Good fold when MP1 3 bets the turn after my check raise?

Edit: Title

zeropotential
03-16-2005, 05:02 AM
bet the flop

for what reason are you raising on the turn, with the flush now on the board you want a cheap showdown. good fold

Shillx
03-16-2005, 05:05 AM
bet the flop

Care to explain the reasoning? I don't see how this could be wise.

Brad

thesharpie
03-16-2005, 05:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

for what reason are you raising on the turn, with the flush now on the board you want a cheap showdown. good fold

[/ QUOTE ]

It costs 2BB to go to showdown. I think I can safely fold to a 3 bet so I'm not losing any more than going to showdown if I'm behind. The benefits, I can potentially knock UTG+1 out, or I'm getting more money in if I'm ahead.

I think I'm a bit too aggressive on the turn so I could be wrong. I seem to always go into raise-fold mode if it's not heads up and I have a hand that could very likely be second best.

einbert
03-16-2005, 05:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
for what reason are you raising on the turn, with the flush now on the board you want a cheap showdown

[/ QUOTE ]

No he now has to protect against high hearts and make them pay to draw + hopefully make medium and small hearts fold incorrectly.

einbert
03-16-2005, 05:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It costs 2BB to go to showdown. I think I can safely fold to a 3 bet so I'm not losing any more than going to showdown if I'm behind. The benefits, I can potentially knock UTG+1 out, or I'm getting more money in if I'm ahead.

I think I'm a bit too aggressive on the turn so I could be wrong. I seem to always go into raise-fold mode if it's not heads up and I have a hand that could very likely be second best.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you played this hand perfectly, but I would have to take exception to the PF limp.

Is ATo UTG 10-handed standard now?

zeropotential
03-16-2005, 05:17 AM
obviously then your advocating to c/r because of our position on the pf raiser facing the field to call 2.

[i've sat with the cursor at this point for at least 5 mins]

for betting out:
you don't want this to get checked through

for c/r:
you have position on the p/f raiser
you want to face the feild to cold call 2... (but why? no one has overcards to your pair and your not going to get someone who has made a pair to fold, certainly no flush draws are going to fold)

i think this is fairly close.... (don't you think) (or am i wayy off?)
though now that i'm taking a 2nd look i like your c/r a bit more

zeropotential
03-16-2005, 05:51 AM
your thoughts shill?

hate
03-16-2005, 06:34 AM
I don't really like it either.

DavidC
03-16-2005, 07:30 AM
I'm uncomfortable with the preflop limp. AJo I would raise, but ATo I frequently fold, same as KJo.

Your fold on the turn was fine.

I'm a little tired right now, so I don't have confidence in my ability to rationally respond to the rest of the action.

--Dave.

DavidC
03-16-2005, 07:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Given your position, if you check the river, he's probably going to bet it. You won't get a free showdown here.

tiltaholic
03-16-2005, 09:08 AM
i really think the biggest mistake is the pf limp.
it's just asking to bleed chips in tough decisions postflop.
just m2c though.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-16-2005, 09:20 AM
fold preflop.

good initial thought on the flop, but guy to your left effed it up. call it.

bet the turn or checkcall it. checkraising is dumb.

jskills
03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
Fold preflop.

Sasnak
03-16-2005, 04:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
i really think the biggest mistake is the pf limp.
it's just asking to bleed chips in tough decisions postflop.
just m2c though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Finally, my thinking is beginning to fall into line here...

snapfc01
03-16-2005, 04:23 PM
do most people play ATo utg in the micro limit? i muck it personally... but i am new to playing limit on line

DavidC
03-16-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Fold preflop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wow, jskills thinks he's bisonbison after 675 posts. /images/graemlins/cool.gif