PDA

View Full Version : $25 PLO8 hand, comments please

cielo
03-16-2005, 04:37 AM
OK, sorry I couldn't get the hand converter to list the betting that occured, so we'll settle for this.

Party $25 PLO8

SB $45.22
Hero $24.75
L1 $49.12
L4 $24.25

Hero's in BB w/ 2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif A /images/graemlins/heart.gif T /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/club.gif

4 limpers, SB completes, Hero checks

Flop: 5 /images/graemlins/club.gif T /images/graemlins/heart.gif 8 /images/graemlins/heart.gif Pot = $1.25

SB bets .25, Hero calls, L1 calls, L2 min. raises, L3 folds, L4 calls, SB min. raises, Hero calls, L1 calls, L2 calls, L4 calls

Turn: 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif Pot = $5

SB bets $5, Hero calls, L1 calls, L2 folds, L4 raises
all-in ($23.25), SB raises all-in ($39.22), Hero calls
all-in ($18.75), L1 calls all-in ($26.52).

My thoughts:

Prelflop, I don't think my hand is strong enough to raise here.

On the flop: I like my potential to scoop or 3/4, so I just call as to not call any attention to myself.

On the Turn: Going for over-calls by just calling the first $5, when I had to call all-in I was getting
57.5/18.75 or about 3/1 on my call, and I expected L1 to call.

Thoughts on all rounds greatly appreciated,

results to come

cielo

Hattifnatt
03-16-2005, 09:52 AM
Raise the maximum on the flop.

fat_nutz
03-16-2005, 01:45 PM
agreed, get in as much as possible on the flop. you're way ahead on the flop, but your odds went way down when someone made the str on the turn.
Let me guess the result though... heart to give you either scoop or 3/4. Don't let mistakes like this become habit just because they're reinforced by a desirable outcome.

Phat Mack
03-16-2005, 02:24 PM
Prelflop, I don't think my hand is strong enough to raise here.

I agree. A22x has some potential in limit play because the second deuce grants you some protection against being quarted. In PL, the penalty for being quartered is so much greater, that it's not overcome by having the second 2. Spiking a set of 2's isn't much good with no backup low. I like the suited A.

On the flop: I like my potential to scoop or 3/4,...

8 hearts give you the nut flush, 4 of which also give you the nut low. Another 12 cards give you nut low, 3 others give you top two pair. You've got a draw, but no hand yet.

...so I just call as to not call any attention to myself.

You can jam here if you think you can steal the pot, or if you think it will buy you a free card on the turn. Or you can try and get a cheap look at 4th street. Your hand isn't that strong yet to slowplay. If you want to lay low to see 4th street cheaply, good play.

On the Turn: Going for over-calls by just calling the first $5, when I had to call all-in I was getting 57.5/18.75 or about 3/1 on my call, and I expected L1 to call.

You've missed the turn. It looks like somebody hit it. You can analyze your draw, like in a limit game, looking for a reason to call, but you are not where you want to be--with a made hand and a re-draw. It might be good practice to just toss it.

cielo
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
River = 2

my set no good of course,

after doing the EV calc. I think I was barely getting odds to call (assuming L1 was going to call).

Thanks for your comments they are much appreciated.

cielo

theben
03-16-2005, 09:50 PM
i would push the heck out of the flop as well. you got all that raise/reraise behind you and you have the best draw both ways. you should have put lotsa money in. if you can be all in on this flop if possible, do it.