PDA

View Full Version : A9s in the CO

thesharpie
03-16-2005, 04:35 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is CO with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. Hero posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.40 SB) 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (4.20 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

River: (6.20 BB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Final Pot: 8.20 BB

It's worth a raise on the flop with overs+BDFD? Bet the turn when I pick up a GS+FD?

Edit: It's actually sooted. /images/graemlins/blush.gif

Ianco15
03-16-2005, 04:39 AM
Flop raise was good to buy a free card. I'd only bet the turn if there was a good chance bb folds here or if you think he is on a draw and you want to see a free showdown.

zeropotential
03-16-2005, 04:40 AM
if your raising the flop (which i wouldn't do since your probly not ahead) you take the free card on the turn when you haven't improved. fold the river UI

deepsquat
03-16-2005, 04:42 AM
I wouldnt raise the flop w/out a read. Well played for the rest of the hand.

You have a backdoor flush but BB could be on a club flush.

thesharpie
03-16-2005, 04:44 AM
Should I just fold this on the flop in future when a blind bets into me HU after I've open raised preflop? Even if I don't discount any overcard outs I have 8 tops. I think the chance he could be betting an OESD made me want to carry on.

zeropotential
03-16-2005, 04:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I just fold this on the flop in future when a blind bets into me HU after I've open raised preflop? Even if I don't discount any overcard outs I have 8 tops. I think the chance he could be betting an OESD made me want to carry on.

[/ QUOTE ]

you cant just fold everytime when your get bet into on a blind steal. if the players passive and youve seen him play against a steal before its a lot easier to make a decision (you must know answers to questions like: does he get overagressive when he feels his blinds are being stolen from a late openraiser? many do)

situations like this are very player dependant so there no good general formula

deepsquat
03-16-2005, 04:50 AM
I might call the flop but it depends on your read. You cant count your Ace or 9 as clean outs cos of the club draw.

Your backdoor spade draw is worth bugger all in this small HU pot.

snapfc01
03-16-2005, 10:35 AM
why bet the river? i don't see what you could be up against that you beat and would call. i would check and see the cards

davelin
03-16-2005, 11:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
why bet the river? i don't see what you could be up against that you beat and would call. i would check and see the cards

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, any lower pair?

MrWookie47
03-16-2005, 11:29 AM
It depends on your read. I've seen blinds bet into the blind stealer, the stealer raises, and the blinds folded. I guess it was the infamous bet for "information." Naturally, you should at the very least check your pot odds.

Buckmulligan
03-16-2005, 11:35 AM
Without a read on the BB I think I would fold the flop getting 5.4:1; if your ace outs are stale you are in a lot of trouble. Given that you didn't fold, I like the turn bet.

I think the turn bet may push him off a middle pair hand because of the straight draw on board, that's why i like it.

snapfc01
03-16-2005, 04:38 PM
a lower pair is calling this with 4 to a striaght out there? unless you're playing a total fish they will call the river bet with nothing less then the A. you're asking to be check raised by the straight or a low two pair...

milesdyson
03-16-2005, 04:41 PM
[ QUOTE ]
a lower pair is calling this with 4 to a striaght out there? unless you're playing a total fish they will call the river bet with nothing less then the A. you're asking to be check raised by the straight or a low two pair...

[/ QUOTE ]
Yes, a lower pair is calling this river. Often.

snapfc01
03-16-2005, 04:49 PM
i guess i'm not used to the micro limit players...