PDA

View Full Version : capped JJ PF and met a one suit flop

thesharpie
03-16-2005, 04:29 AM
Paradise Poker 0.25/0.50 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/heart.gif. UTG+1 posts a blind of $0.25.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG+1 (poster) calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO 3-bets</font>, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero caps</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Flop: (17.40 SB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG+1 folds, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, MP1 calls, CO calls.

Turn: (11.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP1 folds, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

River: (15.70 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 19.70 BB

Although villain had been raising quality holdings preflop, he'd raised the past 3 hands so I decided to cap 'er. No real read apart from that. Should I play it differently? I can't fold this huge pot on the river, can I?

Ianco15
03-16-2005, 04:33 AM
I'd check/call river.

deepsquat
03-16-2005, 04:34 AM
id lead out the flop for starters, call a raise and have a look at what the turn brings.

Nice pf cap

SteveL91
03-16-2005, 04:35 AM
I personally would lean more towards check/calling the river based on the action of the hand, but everything else is okay, I think. The pf-cap is, for me, more dependent on the opposition and villain than anything else. Just because he's raised the past three hands doesn't mean he's raising garbage this hand. I've gotten a string of raising hands plenty of times.

milesdyson
03-16-2005, 04:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Should I play it differently? I can't fold this huge pot on the river, can I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there's about a 0% chance you're ahead here. I'd rather check fold than check call than bet call.

yellowjack
03-16-2005, 05:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Should I play it differently? I can't fold this huge pot on the river, can I?

[/ QUOTE ]
I think there's about a 0% chance you're ahead here. I'd rather check fold than check call than bet call.

[/ QUOTE ]

Definitely agreed; villain stop n go'd the flop --&gt; turn
That being said, you need to call keep yourself sane and maybe preventing LAGs from overrunning you. But on a purely statistical look, I'm not so sure you win 1 in 20 times on an opponent who you have a read on being decent.

About the villain raising the past three hands, don't let your brain fool you with this pattern. He is most probably getting quality hands, it's just a coincidence that it happened 3 times in a row. It's not all too unprobable too, for many reasons.

The PF cap I wouldn't make against someone you mentioned as raising "quality holdings". That being said, the only hand you are ahead of that is worth 3-betting PF is AQs. That's it's advised to fold the river.

Well played on the flop and turn though.

Edit: Oops good 'ol Brad pointed out you C/R'ed the flop for some unknown reason.

Shillx
03-16-2005, 05:43 AM
Just bet the flop. Makes this baby so much easier to play.

Also, what is the thought process behind the flop check/raise? It makes just about no sense to me. All of the hands that you have in bad shape are going to go away and all the hands that are live against you are going no where. If UTG+1 is calling one bet, he is calling any number of bets here.

Brad