PDA

View Full Version : Beating 2/4 (I can't)

Maulik
03-16-2005, 03:56 AM
I've had a hard time figuring out my leaks in PP 2/4 games, no doubt they are weak games. I've played about 10k hands and I'm down a few hundred, if we need specifics, I can use PT to gather the information.

I've read SSHE and feel my game is tight aggressive and I chase proper odds. What should I consider?

I have far more confidence in the 3/6 games (first 5k hands) i'm showing a small profit.

I play better when there are less players in the pot, and in 3/6 that is the case.

pokerkai
03-16-2005, 04:08 AM
two words...

POST HANDS

ambiguous questions will get you ambiguous answers.

mantasm
03-16-2005, 04:24 AM
Consider that 10k hands is totally meaningless. I know you've heard it before, and you think you understand it, but you haven't played enough hands to have any idea what your win rate is in either game. You're probably more confident in the 3/6 game pretty much because you're running good. Just play a lot and post hands you're not confident about.

gaming_mouse
03-16-2005, 05:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Consider that 10k hands is totally meaningless.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is an exaggeration. 10K hands is not totally meaningless, but it is inconclusive. However, there is only about a 16% chance that a 1.5BB/100 player is down or even after 10K hands. Only a 9% chance for a 2BB player. So it is not meaningless at all. Being down or even after 10K hands is good reason to look at your game.

Jules22
03-16-2005, 05:13 AM
i too took a big beating at the party 2/4. i think a large part of my problem was table selection. there are some rock gardens at that level, believe it or not where its like one limp in mp and all folds to the bb. just no action at all. so be wary of tables full of TAG multitablers who give no action

Stacheman
03-16-2005, 02:35 PM
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but I want to hear more about table selection at $2/4. The last poster in this thread referred to it. I've been playing 2/4 for about 2 months on Party and am running at about +1.5BB/100 over about 15,000 hands (just using that for background). Anyway, I only have about 1-1.5 hours/day where I am able to play. I don't have time to wait for the juiciest tables. I find the tables with the highest average pots that have immediate seating (usually nothing below $29) and sit down. How much am I giving up by this less-than-optimal table selection? Not that I really have a choice...

QTip
03-16-2005, 02:38 PM
better do a search on table selection before someone (like adam) flames you...

hurry...

There's a ton of threads on this out there.

easypete
03-16-2005, 02:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I play better when there are less players in the pot, and in 3/6 that is the case.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is the key to it. Now... can you tell me how you can fix this?

I had trouble beating 2/4 at first, but now, I find it fairly easy. This statement was similar to the one I had about 1 year ago. I fixed it by finding out why... It wasn't that tough to fix, and the answer, somewhat, is in SSH.

Stacheman
03-16-2005, 02:43 PM
Yeah, I thought so. It was just an impulsive response without thinking about the flame-worthy potential.

chief444
03-16-2005, 02:46 PM
If I moved up a level and was a losing player after 10k hands I would be more than a little concerned. It's not always a "downswing".

btspider
03-16-2005, 02:48 PM
simple dude..

read a ****load of existing hands in SS. try to answer them first, then read replies and see how you did. rinse, repeat, and learn.

meep_42
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
simple dude..

read a ****load of existing hands in SS. try to answer them first, then read replies and see how you did. rinse, repeat, and learn.

[/ QUOTE ]

Just because i'm not cool enough to just quote someone as my entire message:

What he said.

-d

Yeknom58
03-16-2005, 03:24 PM
The 2/4 is generally softer than the 3/6...So if you think you can't beat the 2/4, I'm 100% sure you can't beat the 3/6.

Post hands...