PDA

View Full Version : UB- el diablo hand

Badboyy
03-16-2005, 03:03 AM
If you could sir please discuss your 22 vs Q3 hand..... more along the lines of what did he put you on , who was this player , your read on his hand , your read on what he thought you had .....

I was mad when the outcome happened and i was just watching , i cant imagine how you handle a beat like that.

soah
03-16-2005, 03:08 AM
I don't know how to say this without sounding like a jerk (or at least I'm too lazy to do so), but I really wish people would stop posting threads about specific hands and not even attempting to explain what happened for the 97% of us here who are clueless.

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 03:09 AM
i am so glad
you made this post
because right now
that is what i feel
like doing
talking
about that hand
[censored] off

Garland
03-16-2005, 03:30 AM
He's referring to an Ultimate Bet $25/$50 hand I was observing.

The details are foggy including exact amounts and stacks, but here's how I remember it:

There was a standard raise in early position, and it ended up getting four players including a blind, El Diablo on the button with 22.

The flop came QQ2, suits irrelevant. Checked to El Diablo who potted it. A mid-position player check-raises big, and El Diablo flat calls.

The turn came nothing, and the check-raiser pushes (covers El Diablo). El Diablo calls instantly.

The river was a 3, which bad-beated El Diablo when the check-raiser showed Q3 suited.

El Diablo left after that hand.

Anyone who wants to correct me, add more detail or flavor, be my guest.

Garland

JaBlue
03-16-2005, 03:37 AM
What's there to discuss... D played fine and got bad beated. Move on.

fsuplayer
03-16-2005, 03:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What's there to discuss... D played fine and got bad beated. Move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

theBruiser500
03-16-2005, 09:37 AM
Badboyy thanks for the post. Let's hope that some of the experts like Flynn and Ray Zee chime in here on the intracacies of this hand (like maybe Diablo should have pushed on the flop???) this thread could get v. interesting.

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Badboyy thanks for the post. Let's hope that some of the experts like Flynn and Ray Zee chime in here on the intracacies of this hand (like maybe Diablo should have pushed on the flop???) this thread could get v. interesting.

[/ QUOTE ]

This hand is very uninteresting.

partygirluk
03-16-2005, 09:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
i am so glad
you made this post
because right now
that is what i feel
like doing
talking
about that hand
[censored] off

[/ QUOTE ]

When is the El Diablo poetry compilation hitting the bookstores?

neon
03-16-2005, 09:48 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for some new batteries in the ol' sarcasm detector, dude.

HoldEm_Hero
03-16-2005, 09:53 AM
Why is this a bad beat? Diablo had the ass end of a board with many configurations of boats on it all higher that Diablo's. I beieve a few of you believe this to be a bad beat because of your respect for diablo's play on this site. He got beat, it wasn't that bad. Move on.

soah
03-16-2005, 09:57 AM
Yeah, when I flop the third nuts I try to keep the pot pretty small in case someone hits a four-outer on me.

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 10:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

true.

[/ QUOTE ]

Time for some new batteries in the ol' sarcasm detector, dude.

[/ QUOTE ]

partygirluk
03-16-2005, 10:05 AM
OK. I'll try and make this interesting. Assume that Villain has exactly the pot left. Which turn cards would make you fold to a push?

I think either of the other Queens, and nothing else. Ace would be scary in a raised pot, but I call getting 2-1.

Post-Oak
03-16-2005, 10:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Why is this a bad beat? Diablo had the ass end of a board with many configurations of boats on it all higher that Diablo's. I beieve a few of you believe this to be a bad beat because of your respect for diablo's play on this site. He got beat, it wasn't that bad. Move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

It is a pretty pedestrian hand. If he is extremely steamed by this one hand, he is playing over his head and should move down in limits.

But...
1. his opponent did play it poorly
2. you can be pretty sure you have the best hand on the flop when you have the underfull here, even when you get action. Brunson correctly says not to slow play this hand, but unless stacks were extremely deep (it seems they were not), Diablo did nothing which could be construed as slow playing. So calling it the "ass end of it", as if the underfull is the equivalent of the ignorant end of a straight is pretty foolish.

But yeah, he probably needs to move down a limit if one hand can set him off like that. It happens in poker. It was smart to leave the table though.

HoldEm_Hero
03-16-2005, 11:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, when I flop the third nuts I try to keep the pot pretty small in case someone hits a four-outer on me.

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be reading something in my post that I don't see. Did I mention anywhere that the pot should be kept small or did I criticize Diablo's play? No. I'm simply pointing out the fact that he didn't have the nuts at ANY point and that beats like that are likely to heppen when you don't. Ok, a three hit to complete the villains hand, would it still be a bad beat if an Ace fell on the turn to boat him up? The problem is you pre-madonna 2+2er's who feel like every pot you enter with the 3rd nuts you should win. Go ahead and flame me, itll have about as much affect on me as this original post did. Babies. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

soah
03-16-2005, 11:30 AM
Whether you have the nuts or the third nuts actually has no impact on the probability of your opponent hitting a four-outer.

nicky g
03-16-2005, 11:42 AM
A bad beat has little to do with the absolute value of your hand, it's about the relative value of your hand compared to the other hand. Losing to a four outer with one card to come isn't the worse beat in the world, but it's still a bad beat.

Ricky
03-16-2005, 11:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Whether you have the nuts or the third nuts actually has no impact on the probability of your opponent hitting a four-outer.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do people keep saying it was a 4-outter? On the flop he had 4 outs but on the turn he had 7 because if the river paired the turn he won the pot too. ~15%

partygirluk
03-16-2005, 11:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]

The problem is you pre-madonna 2+2er's who feel like every pot you enter with the 3rd nuts you should win. Go ahead and flame me, itll have about as much affect on me as this original post did. Babies. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I think most posters postdate the Queen of Pop.

HoldEm_Hero
03-16-2005, 12:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if you have the NUTS there's no such thing as a four outer. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

HoldEm_Hero
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
lol /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

nicky g
03-16-2005, 12:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, but if you have the NUTS there's no such thing as a four outer. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

? Yes there is. You can be outdrawn holding the current nuts. Eg on a 46 QK board. I have KK. Opponent has AJ. I have the nuts, he has 4 outs to beat me.

HoldEm_Hero
03-16-2005, 12:56 PM
WOW. Your so incredibly smart.

etizzle
03-16-2005, 01:11 PM
no, you are just a moron

AZK
03-16-2005, 01:30 PM
8 outs but who is counting.

I don't know why everyone is freaking out about this hand, guy put his money in the worst of it on the turn then hit an 8-outer on the river. It's poker, it happens, there is no real thought/strategy in this hand that it should be discussed so as to benefit all of us. Diablo's moves were probably totally player dependent and pretty straight forward anyway...

Blackjack
03-16-2005, 01:54 PM
Haha - It's funny that everyone forgot to add the queen as an out.

Jeff W
03-16-2005, 01:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
8 outs but who is counting.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am...it's 7 outs.

Q3 on QQ27 board. 1 Queen, 3 7s and 3 3s win.

nicky g
03-16-2005, 02:04 PM
So you were joking? In that case, what was your point to start with?

Go away.

kagame
03-16-2005, 02:05 PM
since this thread is completely worthless ill add my 2 cents:

Another dewey would have been extremely cute for Diablo to get paid off on. Nice top boat Mr. Q3....what a garbagebag.

HoldEm_Hero
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
This comment is pertaining to being in the moment where only the cards on the boards and the cards in your hand matter. Nothing else.

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 03:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If he is extremely steamed by this one hand

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, he probably needs to move down a limit if one hand can set him off like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

what on earth
makes you think
i was steamed by the hand
you moron
this was only 11k
i have lost
multiple 15k+ pots
this week
already
who cares
it's just poker
it happens
oh yeah
i won some pots too

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 03:11 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I beieve a few of you believe this to be a bad beat because of your respect for diablo's play on this site. He got beat, it wasn't that bad. Move on.

[/ QUOTE ]

i believe
it is more likely
they think it is a bad beat
because of
the odds

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 03:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
If he is extremely steamed by this one hand

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
But yeah, he probably needs to move down a limit if one hand can set him off like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

what on earth
makes you think
you moron
this was only 12k
i have lost
multiple 15k+ pots
this week
already
who cares
it's just poker
it happens
oh yeah
i won some pots too

[/ QUOTE ]

does your dick get heavy with so many people riding it at a time?

Loci
03-16-2005, 03:19 PM
7 outer, actually... three 3's, a Q, and three possible pairs for a turn card... but that's a moot point.

Post-Oak
03-16-2005, 03:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]

what on earth
makes you think
you moron

[/ QUOTE ]

It was this quote which led me to believe so:
"i am so glad
you made this post
because right now
that is what i feel
like doing
talking
about that hand
[censored] off"

Loci
03-16-2005, 03:27 PM
It's not the people riding his dick that make it heavy, it's the size of his balls.

-He didn't post this hand, he didn't want to talk about it, so leave him alone, eh?

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 03:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

what on earth
makes you think
you moron

[/ QUOTE ]

It was this quote which led me to believe so:
"i am so glad
you made this post
because right now
that is what i feel
like doing
talking
about that hand
[censored] off"

[/ QUOTE ]

the post was stupid
because there was
nothing to talk about

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
It's not the people riding his dick that make it heavy, it's the size of his balls.

-He didn't post this hand, he didn't want to talk about it, so leave him alone, eh?

[/ QUOTE ]

haha
kane is kool
he just wanted
to talk about
my dick
that is cool

Richie Rich
03-16-2005, 03:29 PM
http://twodimes.net/h/?z=830255
Holdem Hi: 990 enumerated boards containing Qs 2d Qh
cards win %win lose %lose tie %tie EV
2s 2c 763 77.07 227 22.93 0 0.00 0.771
Qc 3h 227 22.93 763 77.07 0 0.00 0.229

Many seem to think the villain only had 3 outs and, hence, this was a horrible beat. Not true. In addition to the remaining Queen (1 out), villain could've won this hand if the turn card paired on the river (3 outs) as well as any of the remaining "3"s falling on the turn/river (3 outs). IMO, losing to a 7-outer is not a "bad beat". But it still sucks.

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Many seem to think the villain only had 3 outs and, hence, this was a very bad beat. Not true. In addition to the remaining Queen (1 out), villain could've won this hand if the turn card paired on the river (3 outs) as well as any of the remaining "3"s falling on the turn/river (3 outs). IMO, losing to a 7-outer is not a "bad beat". But it still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

nice

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 03:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Many seem to think the villain only had 3 outs and, hence, this was a very bad beat. Not true. In addition to the remaining Queen (1 out), villain could've won this hand if the turn card paired on the river (3 outs) as well as any of the remaining "3"s falling on the turn/river (3 outs). IMO, losing to a 7-outer is not a "bad beat". But it still sucks.

[/ QUOTE ]

wtf
are you talking about?
what is
a bad beat?

if you knew odds better
you might know
he is in even worse shape
on the turn

Richie Rich
03-16-2005, 03:40 PM
Last week,
I spiked a set on a flop
of J-5-2 with 22.
Turn came another
Jack.
I pushed, villain called.
River was another
Jack.
He won with 5-3.
That's a bad beat.
http://twodimes.net/h/?z=830275

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 03:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Last week,
I spiked a set on a flop
of J-5-2 with 22.
Turn came another
Jack.
I pushed, villain called.
River was another
Jack.
He won with 5-3.
That's a bad beat.
http://twodimes.net/h/?z=830275

[/ QUOTE ]

I ordered extra onions, and got no [censored] onions, and there is a chance the guys in back jerked off into the damn thing too.

plug this into two dimes will ya?

Richie Rich
03-16-2005, 03:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I ordered extra onions, and got no [censored] onions, and there is a chance the guys in back jerked off into the damn thing too.

plug this into two dimes will ya?

[/ QUOTE ]

If you ordered your food at the drive-thru window, and it was late at night, then there's at least an 80% chance they f'd up your order. No pun intended.

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 04:44 PM
OK Richie
so when you push preflop
with aces
and pocket deuces call and win
i guess to you
that is not a bad beat
whatever

Sponger15SB
03-16-2005, 05:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

this was only 11k
i have lost
multiple 15k+ pots
this week

[/ QUOTE ]

It was only 11k and he made a post about it?

Wake me up when Diablo loses a $30,000 pot

edit - or wins too. that would be nice

ggbman
03-16-2005, 05:51 PM
This thread is ridiculous, i don't know why anyone would even start it. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that El D. had the other guy on a Q, which is just what he had. Then he got screwed on the river, which poker. El Diablo didn't even post the hand, so he wasnt complaining about a beat, so who cares how bad or not bad the beat is. And why go tell someone who got rivered in an 11K pot thats it not a bad beat when he never even posted about the hand in the first place. He'll live, im sure he's had worse beats, and i'm sure he has more then enough to lose pots like this.

Richie Rich
03-16-2005, 06:11 PM
El D-
I'm just trying to put things
into perspective.
Losing AA to 22
or any smaller pocket pair
sucks, since your opponent only has
2 clean outs
(excluding any draws),
or your AQ losing to A8,
since he only has
3 clean outs.
But it happens all the time.
So why would losing to a 7-outer seem
or feel
any worse?
An OESD has 8 outs,
a flush draw has 9 outs,
where do you draw the line
to define a bad beat?

JaBlue
03-16-2005, 06:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]
El D-
I'm just trying to put things
into perspective.
Losing AA to 22
or any smaller pocket pair
sucks, since your opponent only has
2 clean outs
(excluding any draws),
or your AQ losing to A8,
since he only has
3 clean outs.
But it happens all the time.
So why would losing to a 7-outer seem
or feel
any worse?
An OESD has 8 outs,
a flush draw has 9 outs,
where do you draw the line
to define a bad beat?

[/ QUOTE ]

Having 2 outs for 5 cards is much better than having 7 outs with 1 card.

PS ditch the poetry.

schwza
03-16-2005, 06:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
(excluding any draws),

[/ QUOTE ]

blech.

Richie Rich
03-16-2005, 06:27 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Having 2 outs for 5 cards is much better than having 7 outs with 1 card.

[/ QUOTE ]
Less than 3% difference.

[ QUOTE ]
PS ditch the poetry.

[/ QUOTE ]
Thanks for your advice.

trevor
03-16-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm simply pointing out the fact that he didn't have the nuts at ANY point and that beats like that are likely to heppen when you don't.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're right, I hate getting my money in as a huge favorite....you idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
would it still be a bad beat if an Ace fell on the turn to boat him up?

[/ QUOTE ]

Without question.....you idiot.

[ QUOTE ]
Go ahead and flame me

[/ QUOTE ]

No problem, you're a tool.......and an idiot.

Did I mention that you're an idiot?

Ulysses
03-16-2005, 06:50 PM
i consider
losing AA to 22
allin preflop
a bad beat
it is weird that
you dont

aggie
03-16-2005, 07:00 PM
i think a lot of defining a bad beat has to do with when the money went in and how far ahead or behind you were at that point....

Lawrence Ng
03-16-2005, 07:21 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I was mad when the outcome happened and i was just watching , i cant imagine how you handle a beat like that.

[/ QUOTE ]

This is indeed a most retarded statement.

Lawrence

Loci
03-16-2005, 08:42 PM
actually, since there were two cards drawing, the turn had an 8 % chance and the river had about 14-15% it's not much different than five draws at a two outer... this is just semantics though... still a bad beat.

legend42
03-16-2005, 09:34 PM
[ QUOTE ]
actually, since there were two cards drawing, the turn had an 8 % chance and the river had about 14-15% it's not much different than five draws at a two outer... this is just semantics though... still a bad beat.

[/ QUOTE ]

Especially since, if you just called an all-in with 22 on a QQ2J board and were asked which card (besides the case deuce) you'd like to see on the river, I think a 3 would be a pretty popular answer.

HiatusOver
03-17-2005, 06:51 AM
LOL LOL LOL...that is one of the funniest posts I have ever seen on here. Well Done

thatpfunk
03-17-2005, 07:14 AM
this thread makes me want to light myself on fire.
jesus christ.

fsuplayer
03-17-2005, 08:12 AM
agreed.

Loci
03-17-2005, 08:13 AM
lol... well, I think if I had the ability to choose a card to hit the river I think I'd pick the case deuce /images/graemlins/grin.gif, but a three would certainly be my next choice!

Loci
03-17-2005, 08:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is indeed a most retarded statement.

[/ QUOTE ]

Now L Ng, You're above that kind of language. Its preferred that you use the term mentally handicapped... or poker deficient... or commander in chief.....

HoldEm_Hero
03-17-2005, 09:33 AM
He was less than a three to one favorite at best and the villain picked up outs on the turn. He got beat, but it wasn't that bad.

Ulysses
03-17-2005, 02:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He was less than a three to one favorite at best and the villain picked up outs on the turn. He got beat, but it wasn't that bad.

[/ QUOTE ]

how bad or not
that is yours to decide
but your numbers are wrong
villain's a bigger dog on the flop
and even worse on the turn

soah
03-17-2005, 04:22 PM
There's some railbird at Party named Badboyy who appears to be harrassing one of the 5/10 full ring tables. I wonder if it's the same guy.

Ray Zee
03-17-2005, 06:41 PM
el, it is a bad beat. i am sorry to hear about it. the others may not understand but i do. so next time i see you i will buy you one of those gay beers you drink.

Lawrence Ng
03-17-2005, 08:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
gay beers you drink.

[/ QUOTE ]

Heiniken?

myst1
03-17-2005, 09:20 PM
Diablo are you trying to imitate the black kid on Malcolm in the Middle?