PDA

View Full Version : Lowering all-in requirements for 1st hand ONLY +EV?

Pepsquad
03-16-2005, 02:21 AM
I'm estimating that in 5-10% of my SNG's all hell breaks loose on the very first hand, which typically ends up with 2 people all-in pre-flop. The thing is, I'm shocked with the races I'm seeing MOST of the time A3 v. 44, KJ v. Q6 (it WAS sooted!), etc.
I don't know if it's simmering tilt from their last SNG or if some people just have a mentality when it comes to SNG's that by the 5th hand they need a double-stack or no-stack.
The thing is, I just quietly fold my AJo, 99, etc. and move on. So, the long-winded question I'm asking is do any of you trim down your all-in requirements when it's pretty clear right from the start that you're facing an opponent with a "double up or bust quickly" mentality?
The only thing that has kept me from adjusting my play is that every so often, the guy has the juice (AA, KK). I'm also scared someone behind me will wake up with a real hand in these situations. Any thoughts?

Pep.

microbet
03-16-2005, 02:58 AM
I would lower it to include QQ, at least in the $11s or $6s.

lastchance
03-16-2005, 03:07 AM
Probably. I'd think calling with Jacks+, AK is definitely good, and you should probably push those hands if you see them first hand. I think you should fold 99 and AJ, but tens and AQ... Tough decisions there.

microbet
03-16-2005, 03:13 AM
I might include Jacks, but not AK. You are much more likely to find someone with 77 than AJ. All the fish know pocket pairs are favored over AK and they often like to assume no one else could possibly have a higher PP.

We are talking about calling an allin, not being first in.

theredpill5
03-16-2005, 04:09 AM
Geez, sounds like a dream to have 2 or 3 people All-in on the first hand. where the hell do you play ?