PDA

View Full Version : Party Disconnect protect and 1000nl

rerazor
03-16-2005, 01:47 AM
I can maybe understand disconnect protection at 100nl, but now that they've added 1000NL they need to get rid of that [censored]. I've seen thousands stolen so far from blatant cheating, and the one time I complained I got some standard "We've investigated and see no pattern". If you can afford to play $1000nl then you can afford to get a decent internet connection.

Put the responsibility on the person to maintain his connection, get rid of the easy cheat.

Also, how is this handled on the other major sites? I've played them some but haven't noticed the rampant cheating I see on party.

Prevaricator
03-16-2005, 02:54 AM
i agree

XChamp
03-16-2005, 03:59 AM
Party pretty much lets you get away with doing it once or twice, then they will remove them from the cheater if someone reports it.

I've gotten many people's disc protects removed permanently, and it is very satisfying, but I agree they shouldn't have them in the first place.

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 09:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I can maybe understand disconnect protection at 100nl, but now that they've added 1000NL they need to get rid of that [censored]. I've seen thousands stolen so far from blatant cheating, and the one time I complained I got some standard "We've investigated and see no pattern". If you can afford to play $1000nl then you can afford to get a decent internet connection.

Put the responsibility on the person to maintain his connection, get rid of the easy cheat.

Also, how is this handled on the other major sites? I've played them some but haven't noticed the rampant cheating I see on party.

[/ QUOTE ]

is only happened to me once by a guy named KKK

KaneKungFu123
03-16-2005, 09:13 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Party pretty much lets you get away with doing it once or twice, then they will remove them from the cheater if someone reports it.

I've gotten many people's disc protects removed permanently, and it is very satisfying, but I agree they shouldn't have them in the first place.

[/ QUOTE ]

how do you know they remove? personal esxperience?

bogey
03-16-2005, 10:10 AM
i personally would much rather have it and it if it is abused once or twice then take it away.

you say put it on the burden of the player of the player to maintain their connection but its not exactly like its something i can control all of the time

you have no idea the frustration that comes from having a lot of money in the middle of a big stars pot with the best hand and lose your connection and not be able to reconnect (this has only happened to me once, but the prospect of it happening again at stars has kept me from playing there 1000NL tables since)

XChamp
03-16-2005, 11:00 AM
Party Poker responds to your reports (alerts@partypoker.com, include game # and player) generally within 24hrs. They then tell you exactly what actions they took against the player. They always review the players history of disconnecting.

Sometimes you get "the game in question was suspicious but player has no history...blah,blah blah"

sometimes you get "the game in question was suspcicious and player has a history of disconnecting. The player has been warned"

and then you sometimes get "the game in question was suspicious and player has a suspicious history of disconnecting. The player has had his disconnect protects removed."

The last one always brings a smile to my face.

Sometimes they will mention if the player has connection problems. I'm not sure if this is a loophole or not. It may be possible that some players escape punishment by frequently pulling the plug in clear folding situations just so they can get away with doing it in drawing situations, etc.

CanKid
03-16-2005, 11:08 AM
I agree.

[ QUOTE ]
If you can afford to play $1000nl then you can afford to get a decent internet connection.

[/ QUOTE ]

Availability of broadband is often the issue, not money.