PDA

View Full Version : Level 8 all-in

BillW
03-16-2005, 01:22 AM
What do you think of this push? Ten dollar no-limit sit-n-go on Paradise. BB is tight-aggressive; but a little too tricky for his own good.

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Big Blind is t250 (4 handed)

UTG (t1205.00)
Button (t2325.00)
Hero (t1330.00)
BB (t5140.00)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. Hero posts a blind of t250.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero (poster) raises to t1330</font>.

BB calls t830, shows 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif.

Hero finishes fourth. Again. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

SuitedSixes
03-16-2005, 01:33 AM
After posting you still have over 5BBs. I don't think you need to panic here, and K9 is kind of a panic hand. UTG is going to post over 1/4 of his stack in the next two hands, I'd think about leaving the tough decisions to him.

PoBoy321
03-16-2005, 01:43 AM
Pushing into the chip leader here is not a good move. You still have a few chips left and virtually 0 FE against BB.

eastbay
03-16-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
What do you think of this push? Ten dollar no-limit sit-n-go on Paradise. BB is tight-aggressive; but a little too tricky for his own good.

converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Big Blind is t250 (4 handed)

[/ QUOTE ]

Since when is there a 250 big blind at paradise?

http://www.paradisepoker.com/tournaments/mini_tournaments.html

eastbay

lastchance
03-16-2005, 01:51 AM
Blinds aren't t250, they're t500, which makes things a lot different (read: pretty easy fold).

ilya
03-16-2005, 02:46 AM
I think you should push. ICM favors a fold if the BB calls every time, but it's close, and though odds tell him to call with any two, in reality he will sometimes fold. He might get too hung up on how bad his cards are, or he may get too tricky for his own good (you suggest he has this tendency) and decide to keep the bubble going. All told, I think he'll fold here a good 15-20% of the time.
But that's not all. If you fold, you will be left with 1080, and will have to hope that a, big stack puts UTG all-in next hand AND b, that UTG loses. If either of those two things doesn't happen, you're in big trouble. And if the big stack picks up a bad hand, he may well decide he'd rather keep the bubble going. What's more, UTG may decide to play the folding game with you and fold to the big stack's all-in, forcing you to survive your own all-in to make the money.

Benholio
03-16-2005, 05:45 AM
I agree with Ilya. Your hand fares pretty well against a random hand, and you can't count on UTG to bust out before the blinds come around to you again. There are 750 dead chips in the pot.

curtains
03-16-2005, 05:48 AM
btw if you believe there is no chance your opponent will fold preflop, yet you want to push. You may be better served by limping and pushing any flop.

I suspect that playing the K9o in some form here is correct.