PDA

View Full Version : TT hand--good spot to clean up some outs or FPS?

roy_miami
03-16-2005, 12:40 AM
Hi all,

15/30 full table

Hero has black Tens on the button

preflop: fish limps MP1, decent player limps MP2, folded to me on the button where I raise, SB folds, unknown BB calls, the rest all call

flop: 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif 2/images/graemlins/club.gif

BB bets out, fish calls MP2 folds, I raise, they both call

Turn: 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks and the fish now comes out betting, I've only played with the fish for about 3 orbits but I put him on at least 2 pair here. I raise BB calls 2 cold, fish 3-bets, we both call.

river: 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif

BB checks, fish bets, I call

Comments?

Nick C
03-16-2005, 01:12 AM
I probably would have played the hand the same way. All the same, if you think MP1 has at least two pair on the turn, I'm not sure what outs you're trying to clean up that are worth the investment.

Nick C
03-17-2005, 10:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I probably would have played the hand the same way. All the same, if you think MP1 has at least two pair on the turn, I'm not sure what outs you're trying to clean up that are worth the investment.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was tired when I wrote this, and I don't think I explained my thinking very well, so I thought I'd elaborate a little:

If MP1 has, say, 63s or 32s, and BB has top pair, then raising could potentially buy two outs, if BB will fold. But that's a pretty precise set of circumstances, and I'm not sure raising to clean up outs is worth it under those circumstances. And it's also possible that BB and MP1 share a piece of the board or that BB simply has something like 88 and raising won't clean up any outs. Additionally, I think than, on a board like this, the possibility that MP1 has a set or a straight must be considered, if he needs two pair or better to bet.

However, if by some chance MP1 has two pair and BB has, say, JJ (and didn't 3-bet preflop with it) and might lay it down, then I think raising the turn becomes more attractive. This scenario seems a bit unlikely to me, though.

The reason I probably would have raised the turn is that I wouldn't have been convinced I was behind. But Roy Miami did have read that told him otherwise, and I think the best way to go with that read with 0-8 outs is to call the turn.