PDA

View Full Version : WSOP Question

KenProspero
03-16-2005, 12:39 AM
The very fact that I'm asking this question probably means I shouldn't be even thinking of enterring, but I'll ask anyway.

In WSOP events with rebuys -- how many rebuys are allowed, and When?

I find that I'm going to be in Vegas at the time Event 37 of this Year's WSOP is being run, and am thinking about it.

Ianco15
03-16-2005, 01:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I find that I'm going to be in Vegas at the time Event 37 of this Year's WSOP is being run, and am thinking about it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Did they add more events? Weren't there only 33 events last year?

To answer your question, I believe you get unlimited rebuys until the rebuy period ends a few hours into the tourney.

Sykes
03-16-2005, 02:02 AM
Unlimited Rebuys. I believe that Daniel N. rebought 27 times in the event last year.

Kevmath
03-16-2005, 12:22 PM
It's unlimited for the first 2 hours, then you could do a double rebuy.

Kevin...

KenProspero
03-16-2005, 04:12 PM
I guess the question is then how much I should realistically budget if I want to enter this tourney.

I assume that after an entry and two rebuys, if I'm getting killed, I should give it up. Too many, too few?

drewjustdrew
03-16-2005, 04:53 PM
I wouldn't say quit cuz you are getting killed. Quit if you feel like you are way out of the league of your opponents. If you feel comfortable with your play, I don't see a problem with going through the rebuy period and making decisions solely on stack size requirements.

KenProspero
03-16-2005, 05:17 PM
Good point.

The real question I have to face, is given my play level, what are my chances (honestly, slim at that level), and how much I'm willing to pay for the experience.

Putting it this way, I guess it's a personal decision that I have to make myself.

As fun as it would be, I'll probably stick with some games where I have a reasonable shot at winning.

wray
03-16-2005, 05:46 PM
I played in the WPO 500 buy-in with rebuys and KNEW I couldn't afford ANY re-buy's or add-on's. I just kept it in my head that some of the players would play real loose trying to build their stack real fast or re-buy many times. I managed to build my stack up to 6k in the first couple hours. I did that knowing some people would make some loose calls and some bluffs that they might not make in a freeze out.

Having said all that if you're anything like me I'd say either nothing or MAYBE one re-buy or add-on.