PDA

View Full Version : reraise the flop, with yes, again, the nut straight

technologic
03-16-2005, 12:23 AM
2/5 mirage, 500 max buy in.

i have around 850 in chips.

limped in the UTG+1, and MP2, i call with 78s in the LP, sb completes, bb checks.

flop is a beautiful 69T rainbow. checked to me, i bet 25, i get checkraised by this girl to 100 straight in the mp2. she has around 1600 in chips, and i've seen her take out ppl with usually strong hands, ie set, etc. i decide to just call.

turn is a Js, giving me a flush draw and still the nuts. she bets 100 into me. i make it 500 to go, with around 270 left. she calls.

river 2c. she puts me all in, i insta call.

is the flop or turn play bad? should i have raised the flop? or raised less on the turn?

Huskiez
03-16-2005, 12:50 AM
Hm..

First you had 98s and the flop was T76 because I remember you having the nuts on the turn, and in this situation the J would give you second nuts. Also I remember us debating whether that was the final hand in Rounders, which you were right about.

If you're going to limp UTG+1, I would only do it in a passive game. I forget the texture of the game, but I think it was okay to do that because there weren't too many raises. If it were aggressive I'd muck or raise, and not call.

I think the flop call of check raise is fine considering you have position and the flop is rainbow. Throw in another draw there and I'd be a bit more worried and probably reraise.

I really hate the amount of the turn raise. You're clearly committing yourself, and almost telegraphing your hand. If you want to raise, and really price her bad for calling with a set, I'd push instead because that at least can seem like a draw or a set yourself. Personally, I would probably raise to 300-350.

Assuming you made that small a raise, I would probably bet the river, even if it paired, because I don't think she was the type to check down a full house. However a river check would be fine.