PDA

View Full Version : 88 from SB

einbert
03-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Button is 2+2, rest are loose-passive.

In addition to comments on all postflop streets, is this a raise PF? I wasn't sure.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 5 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls, MP calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, BB folds, MP calls, Button calls.

Turn: (7 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

River: (10 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP calls, Button calls.

Final Pot: 13 BB

dave44
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
I would probably raise to try to eliminate the BB as your hand plays better 3-handed than 4. Flop through river look fine.

BreakEvenPlayer
03-16-2005, 04:09 AM
Gotta raise it PF... Maybe you get BB out and hand plays alot easier when you have shown strength and assume control of the hand.

TStoneMBD
03-16-2005, 04:24 AM
raise preflop.

does anybody consider check-calling the river here? raise from the button indicates a pair or an OESD. you got 2 people calling you down, the OESD hit and 2 overcards fell.

einbert
03-16-2005, 04:42 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop.

does anybody consider check-calling the river here? raise from the button indicates a pair or an OESD. you got 2 people calling you down, the OESD hit and 2 overcards fell.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah that was the main thing I was wondering about besides PF. Maybe it was a reckless river bet. At these games though when a flush hits on the river (even if it's BD) the river gets checked around pretty often, and I don't really like being in the position of first to act after button bets.

Anyway I eventually settled on betting because I didn't think I could really induce a bluff with this board, and a 7 will probably check behind but will pay off my bet.

rory
03-16-2005, 05:23 AM
I don't like raising preflop. There are already two people in, and playing an underpair out of position sucks. Just complete and see what the flop looks like.

Flop play is good, turn is good. River I think a bet is right because you can safely fold to a raise and if you check and call a bet you will lose more money than if you bet, because your opponents will probably call but not bet with a 7.

You probably lost this one but NH anyway.