PDA

View Full Version : KQo on he button flopped nut straight

ceyoung
03-15-2005, 10:15 PM
Only reads are that all th players are loose preflop. all vpip 30-40%

Two questions:

easy raise preflop? or is it better to limp behind?

raise the turn to charge the two flush draw possibilities?
i figured that i would only be knocking out the SB by raising the turn. and if he had a flush draw he would still call.

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: ceyoung is Button with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, UTG+2 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, ceyoung calls, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, BB calls, UTG+2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">ceyoung raises</font>, SB calls, BB calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (6.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">ceyoung bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises</font>, MP3 calls, ceyoung calls, SB calls.

River: (14.50 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">ceyoung bets</font>, SB folds, BB calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 16.50 BB

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has Td 8s (three of a kind, tens).
ceyoung has Qs Kh (straight, king high).
Outcome: ceyoung wins 16.50 BB. </font>

Justin A
03-15-2005, 11:25 PM
Yes, this is a raise preflop. It gets closer when you have three or four limpers in front of you.

Everything else is fine except you need to 3bet the turn. You have no reason to fear a full house.

jgorham
03-15-2005, 11:30 PM
Raise this preflop, then raise the turn again.

William Notell
03-15-2005, 11:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Everything else is fine except you need to 3bet the turn. You have no reason to fear a full house.

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to fear a full house? It's seems to me that it's not all that unlikely that BB is holding JT or T9. Are saying that if BB had one of those holdings, he would have reraised on the flop?

Justin A
03-16-2005, 12:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No reason to fear a full house? It's seems to me that it's not all that unlikely that BB is holding JT or T9. Are saying that if BB had one of those holdings, he would have reraised on the flop?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes. The flop action makes it likely that hero is still ahead. It's possible he's up against a boat, but he's ahead more than often enough to 3bet.

jgorham
03-16-2005, 12:07 AM
It is certainly possible that BB has a fullhouse, but his range of hands here is much wider. Remember, hero didn't raise this hand preflop, so BB literaly can have any 2 cards. As such, it is far more likely that if BB has a T he doesn't have a fullhouse, not to mention the fact that it would be very unusual to check/call the flop with TJ or T9. But beyond T's, BB's hand range is still much wider. He could hold AJ, QK, QJ, or some random bluff. You have greater than 50% equity against this range of hands, so you raise.

I would call down if BB capped the turn however.

TStoneMBD
03-16-2005, 01:00 AM
raise preflop. your hand goes up in value for every less player you drive out of the pot. when there are 3 limpers i do not raise this hand, unless 2 of them are 70VPIPs.

reraise the turn.

worm33
03-16-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
raise preflop. your hand goes up in value for every less player you drive out of the pot. when there are 3 limpers i do not raise this hand, unless 2 of them are 70VPIPs.

on the button? unless there are TOUGH limpers who would limp with hands that have u dominated a lot this is an easy easy raise.

reraise the turn.

[/ QUOTE ]

ceyoung
03-16-2005, 02:32 AM
thanks for the input, i usually would raise KQo there, but didnt for some reason. if another heart falls on the river and its checked to me on the button is it a bet and fold to a check raise?