Filip
03-15-2005, 10:10 PM
345x feels kinda cold, or is it "ok"?

IronDragon1
03-16-2005, 02:41 AM
As a general rule no.

Hattifnatt
03-16-2005, 10:02 AM
three to a wheel including 23 might be worth limping with...

Nak
03-16-2005, 10:11 AM
I don't play it.

Nak

Yads
03-16-2005, 11:56 AM
Maybe in the small blind for half a bet, 234 or 235 can be playable from late position for a single bet.

arcticfire
03-16-2005, 04:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

It's never ok to intentionally put money in a pot on x345 imho.

pokahpro
03-16-2005, 07:36 PM
I generally call with 234x, 235x with no raise on the table from mid to late pos. Look for an Ace or straight possiblity. Ideally the x would be 6, 7 or a high card.

pokahpro
03-16-2005, 09:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Ideally the x would be 6, 7 or a high card.

[/ QUOTE ]

Obviously the high card is only valuable if suited.

Oversway
03-16-2005, 09:56 PM
To All,

Regarding this hand 345, IMO it all depends on the following:

1. Position.
2. Number of Callers.
3. Action before.

First off, position:

This hand is a chip burner in early position. I mean, you have to hit an A2 on the flop to really feel good and what are the odds of that happening. If that doesn't happen and like 236 hits the flop, which seems good for you, and you lead out at it and get raised and reraised, then where are you? Obviously, you are looking at splitting the high side at best and you may get run down by something like A3s who is freerolling to a flush. You want to be playing this hand in position.

Second off, number of callers:

Again, I think this hand plays well heads up in position (and when are we ever heads up in low limit Omaha preflop?!?!?!?!?!?!). It has, as you pointed out, excellent scooping potential, AGAINST 1 opponent maybe 2, ESPECIALLY if you have some suits working for you as blockers/backups.

Third off, action.

Even if you can get it heads up with someone in MP, if that person has raised coming in, you should pass. You are likely against A2XX or A3 of A4s all of which are trouble hands for you to be against, IMO.

So, to summarize, this hand is only playable, IMO in an unraised pot (or one where you raised it up to get heads up), in position, with only 1-2 other callers.

Cordially,

Oversway

Buzz
03-17-2005, 07:16 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Filip - What's x? Is the hand suited or not? Who's in the game with you?

Assuming x is not ace or deuce, the hand is not a very strong starting hand. (But of course I like A345 and 2345 if at least single suited, and especially if double suited. I hate rainbow hands. (Doesn't mean I won't play them. I hate exercising too, but I exercise for at least 45 minutes every day).

3456, even double suited, is a poor starting hand - same with 345K - and anything in-between is worse.

However, and this is very dependent on my opponents, sometimes I might see a flop for a single bet with 3456 or 345K, especially if double suited and in position. And if the person seated on my right was one of Carl's fruitcake "rogue raisers," in a ring game I'd have him targeted and be trying to play in hands in which he played, whether he raised or not - maybe especially if he raised, depending on what the effect of all that was on my other opponents.

But whether or not I'd play the hand to try to take advantage of some particular opponent or not, it should be very clear that the hand is a poor starting hand.

Buzz

Filip
03-17-2005, 03:55 PM
Thanks for the responses.

And í think the consensus is that as a general rule it is a poor starting hand.