PDA

View Full Version : Tekken 5

pshreck
03-15-2005, 10:09 PM
Anyone bought this yet? Anyone realize it came out?

If you have played it, how is it?

Ianco15
03-15-2005, 10:16 PM
I didnt even know it came out. Im interested to hear some opinons on it. I thought that Teken 4 was a bit of a bust. Teken Tag remains one of my favorite games still.

pshreck
03-15-2005, 10:16 PM
Tekken Tag is flat out the best fighting game ever. Oh god I said it.

Dantes
03-15-2005, 11:20 PM
I got it, actually on pause right now. I played a ton of tekken 2 and 3 on a "tournament-competitive" level and a decent amount of tag and 4. IMO (and a lot of others) T4 was a big disappointment from things like soundtrack to general direction the way the combat flowed. All of the "poweful" moves were toned down and replaced with other ones that were flawed basically - Nina for example (my favorite character in T3) had virtually all of her moves made worthless, and given one incredibly powerful move (1+4). Just dumb.

Anyways T5 was clearly a return to the old school style of tekken. Almost every character has very powerful moves or combos and many of them un-nerfed. Nina was given back her old d+4,1 (by much reducing the delay after the 1) that was decimated in T4. Other characters are similar. On that note this is unfortunatly clearly the first real tekken game that was clearly designed for console play rather than arcade. In that regard I mean they removed things that were actually good in T4 like uneven slopes and its a lot less "polished". However as I said I much prefer the gameplay style to T4 and its a solid title. Worth $50? Only if you're a fan of the series or have some friends that are.

a better way to put it is its a lot more like tag than like T4

fryKing
03-16-2005, 01:07 AM
I'm not a serious player like the other poster who replied, but this game is very fun.

As to where I'm coming from, Tekken Tag (PS2) was the nuts, Tekken 4 sucked so much I never bothered buying the ps2 version.

And if you really like Tekken 3, it has Tekkens 1/2/3 arcade ports included, so you can play those too.

bholdr
03-16-2005, 02:01 AM
I knew it was coming out soon. I'm on my way to gamestop right now. damn, they're closes, aren't they. dmn.

TEKKEN!!!

bholdr
03-16-2005, 02:08 AM
I disliked just about everything about 4 except Jin's new style (i play mostly poke/string characters, lotsa anna, bryan, hworang, lei[i based my whole lei game on the delayable f,1,2,1,2 rush into stances and the B+3+4,b dodge...]) and Kazuya (although his WS+2 was weaker in 4, seems like...).

I excited to hear that things are back to normal in 5, i will be really pumped if it is better than Tag, which was, IMO, the pinnicle of the tekken series. How do the WGFs feel so far? all high yet?

Dantes
03-16-2005, 03:08 AM
WGFs are still high I believe, I don't play mishima's a ton. Devil Jin (ooOOooOOOooOOOOo) is a copy of TTT Jin with some extra's if you're into that. I played Kazuya a bit in 4 and I like him a lot now, he has a lazer scraper ripoff with B+2,4,1 that you can stick into combos. Also I think his WGF launches on normal hit now instead of only on counters.