PDA

View Full Version : Oakland will knock off UNC

pshreck
03-15-2005, 09:56 PM
I hope this doesnt count as trolling.

EDIT:

So this post has a little more value... can someone explain to me why they need to do this 65/64 game? Why couldnt they just eliminate 1 of the at large bids?

MEbenhoe
03-15-2005, 10:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hope this doesnt count as trolling.

EDIT:

So this post has a little more value... can someone explain to me why they need to do this 65/64 game? Why couldnt they just eliminate 1 of the at large bids?

[/ QUOTE ]

They put the game in to add an extra at large team in. I personally don't like it because one of the teams who got so excited to be in the tourney because they won their conference tourney won't even get to play a real tournament game while some team who barely snuck their way in gets their 5 vs 12 game.

IMO if you want to do a play in game, do a game for the last at large spot, and the winner gets a 12 or 13 type seed. Let the conference champs get their games against the big boys.

pshreck
03-15-2005, 10:06 PM
That coach who just talked about how amazing it was to be in a group of teams that have won an NCAA tournament game... what a joke. This really shouldnt count as an NCAA tournament win.

istewart
03-15-2005, 10:09 PM
I think Jim Rome went on a rant about this today. Maybe a different game I was half-listening.