PDA

View Full Version : Against Aces Enough To Just Pitch It?

Jeffage
03-15-2005, 09:41 PM
30-60 online. I have 99 in the SB. UTG (unknown, but seems reasonable) limps. Folded to me, I raise. BB drops, UTG reraises (sigh). I call. Flop is 3-5-7r. I bet, he raises, I call. The turn is an offsuit 5. I check, he bets. Anyone had enough? Obv, w/o the limp raise, you pay off the whole way, but do you ever have a winner here?

Jeff

URMeowed
03-15-2005, 09:49 PM
Sure. He can easily have AK or any number of silly hands. In a live game, you pitch it everytime...well at least back in the day you did... /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Meow.

TStoneMBD
03-16-2005, 01:21 AM
i really dont think you can get away from calling down without reads.

worm33
03-16-2005, 01:48 AM
the type of player that would limp utg with aces in a full game is the same player that wouldnt 3 bet pre-flop heads up when it came back to him.

Jeffage
03-16-2005, 07:53 AM
Well Ok, I guess this was kind of a frustration post. I called him down in the off-chance he limped with something like a small pocket pair looking for multiway action and then decided to reraise when I raised out of the small and it was headsup. I know if I went for a limp-reraise with AA and this scenario happened, I would probably just call and wait for the turn to raise. But I just got the feeling he had bullets. I called him the whole way and he showed me the red aces. Oh well.

Jeff

Kaz The Original
03-16-2005, 07:59 AM
huh