PDA

View Full Version : Flop C/R gets called down

shadow29
03-15-2005, 09:32 PM
My 2nd hand at the table. Hadn't played with Villain before.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO calls, Button calls, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (5 SB) J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
Hero checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Button folds, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, BB folds, UTG calls, CO calls.

Turn: (5.50 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, CO calls.

River: (8.50 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG folds, CO calls.

Final Pot: 10.50 BB

Flop c/r good? I was calling an EP bet.

Emmitt2222
03-15-2005, 09:51 PM
I don't think I like the c/r. This is a situation where I like to bet out and when I am raised I will let it go. If I don't get raised then I just keep betting on later streets.

TripleH68
03-15-2005, 11:46 PM
I prefer betting out on the flop in this situation as I think it gives you a better chance of folding another ace.

When you c-r what is the plan if you are 3-bet? If you are raised on the turn?

Just thinking out loud as I find this hand interesting.

jluker7
03-16-2005, 02:25 AM
No way! check raise is beautiful here. Nice work.

chesspain
03-16-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I prefer betting out on the flop in this situation as I think it gives you a better chance of folding another ace.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny.

rmarotti
03-16-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That's funny.

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome.

rmarotti
03-16-2005, 12:17 PM
I think this line keeps you as ignorant about your hand as possible. I like betting the flop and betting the turn and folding to a raise. This line keeps a J w/ a weak kicker from displaying the strength of his hand, as you bet it for him. Sound reasonable?

edit: I meant to say "as ignorant about your hand's strength as possible." Obviously you are not ignorant of your hand at all, unless you are really, really drunk.

Fat Nicky
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this line keeps you as ignorant about your hand as possible. I like betting the flop and betting the turn and folding to a raise. This line keeps a J w/ a weak kicker from displaying the strength of his hand, as you bet it for him. Sound reasonable?

edit: I meant to say "as ignorant about your hand's strength as possible." Obviously you are not ignorant of your hand at all, unless you are really, really drunk.

[/ QUOTE ]

I feel much better folding to a raise on the turn after I check-raised the flop than folding to a turn raise after i bet the flop and just got called on this board.

easypete
03-16-2005, 12:35 PM
I don't like the c/r... who are you c/r'ing?

Bet out.

shadow29
03-16-2005, 01:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
who are you c/r'ing?

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought that this was one of those times that you don't have anyone to c/r, but this board is one that people will check around to LP who will bet.

I like the flop c/r because I find out if a J is out on the turn. If I just bet the flop, bet the turn and then get raised on the turn, who knows what I'm up against. Could be a J, could be 52o.

But after c/ring the flop and then if I get raisd on the turn, I know that it's a J.

chief444
03-16-2005, 01:56 PM
I doubt if I'm not showing this down if two blanks fall. You're flop check/raise pretty much says you have an A and not a J.

I don't mind the check/raise but I think you win more just betting out, and calling down if raised on the turn against an unknown.