PDA

View Full Version : K7s HU vs unknown river valuebet?

DrGutshot
03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
Only have about 3 orbits on him, 33/19 so far. Maybe taggish?

anyone valuebet this river?

Party Poker 10/20 Hold'em (6 max, 4 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: DrG is BB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">SB raises</font>, DrG calls.

Flop: (4 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 2/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, <font color="#CC3333">DrG raises</font>, SB calls.

Turn: (4 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">DrG bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (6 BB) 7/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, DrG checks.

Final Pot: 6 BB

-DrG

imported_stealthcow
03-15-2005, 08:57 PM
wouldn't you rather have a free turn then a free river?

stealthcow-

DrGutshot
03-15-2005, 08:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
wouldn't you rather have a free turn then a free river?

stealthcow-

[/ QUOTE ]

I thought I could knock out an unimproved ace or better king with a turn bet.

-DrG

ALL1N
03-15-2005, 09:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]
anyone valuebet this river?

[/ QUOTE ]

Absolutely

ALL1N
03-15-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All better kings have gutshots/pairs: aren't folding. Betting is not bad though.

DrGutshot
03-15-2005, 11:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

All better kings have gutshots/pairs: aren't folding. Betting is not bad though.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats a very good point...I did not think of that at the time. Another question is if the river is a blank, then what then?

Anyways, I check, he has A /images/graemlins/spade.gif8 /images/graemlins/spade.gif and HHIG, I felt a bit weak for checking it through, and am not sure what the right answer is yet...

/images/graemlins/confused.gif

-DrG

Alobar
03-16-2005, 03:33 AM
turn bet is easy IMO, you want to give him a chance to fold, and that outweighs the times you get checkraised

I think this river is hard without a read, You can elminate lots of hands beacuse he never played back at you, but he could easily have something like a small PP or also something with an 8 or 9 and just be calling down. I think alot of ace highs fold on the river to a bet and some PPs as well. He could put you on a flush draw, but decide to go to the river figuring youll check behind if you dont hit, but fold to your bet. Anyway, im rabbling. I make the bet, also a bonus of betting is that if he folds, he doesnt know what you had, so Id rather him fold than just win a free showdown.

Trix
03-16-2005, 05:08 AM
Sure and if he opens alot from the SB then IŽll 3bet preflop.