PDA

View Full Version : Pot Limit Omaha Hand: Check or Bet Turn?

Jeffage
10-02-2002, 03:59 AM
Playing Pot Limit Omaha High Online, 1-2 blinds. I have $270 when this hand comes along. We're 5 handed. Folded to me on the button, I look down and see 7s 10h Ah Kd. I raise the bet to $4. SB folds, BB calls ($145 stack). Heads up. Flop comes 7h 10s Kh. I flop 3 pair and the nut flush draw, about as good as it gets. Check to me, I bet $8. BB calls. Turn is the 9s. Check to me, I bet $20. BB raises to $60. Yeesh. I know this player is loose, but doesn't seem particularly tricky. He has the nuts, but I have to many outs to fold. So I call. On the river an offsuit Ace falls to give me 4 worthless pairs. Suprisingly he checks, and I check with relief even though I expect to lose. Comments? Would you check the turn with all my outs or plow away? All your reasonings would be appreciated. Results to follow.

Jeff

Ray Zee
10-02-2002, 01:25 PM
Jeff,

generally in pot omaha when checked to on fourth like here, with a scare card and lots of hands that beat you, you are happy to check it back. you were just lucky he didnt know enough to raise the size of the pot back at you.
on the river you needed to realize that you might have a good bluffing opportunity here. it seems you checked quick because you were happy he didnt bet at you.
even though you may have even won this pot possibly you didnt give it the thought needed.