PDA

View Full Version : Why Hate Reddick?

theTourne
03-15-2005, 07:40 PM
why does every non-duke fan hate jj reddick? he's the most polarizing guy in college bball, why is that?

reading gay poetry on espn in not a valid response... everyone hated him before that.

istewart
03-15-2005, 07:44 PM
He earned a Ph.D. in faggotry reading that crap on ESPN.

gvibes
03-15-2005, 07:44 PM
He smokes too much P.O.T.?

DemonDeac
03-15-2005, 07:45 PM
as a wake fan, here's why
1)his gay haircut
2)his gay undershit under his jersey to cover up his backne (acne on the back for those of u in the dark)
3)he's an a$$hole as a person
4)he shouldn't even be on the team as he's been caught doing illegal crap all the time yet coach K gets him out of it
5)he's damn good and we're jealous of his shooting abililty
6)HE'S ONE GAY A$$ MOTHER F UCKER AND I HOPE HE DIES IN THE NEAR FUTURE

J.R.
03-15-2005, 07:46 PM
he encites the response he is given and then plays innocent and pretends like he is so humble and righteous in solemnly bearing that cross... he reaps what he sows...he is a great shooter but an arrogant a$$ who puts on these false airs of humility. Plus he plays for duke.

Clarkmeister
03-15-2005, 07:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why does every non-duke fan hate jj reddick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate him. But the answer to your question is Vitale.

Shajen
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]
as a wake fan, here's why
1)his gay haircut
2)his gay undershit under his jersey to cover up his backne (acne on the back for those of u in the dark)
3)he's an a$$hole as a person
4)he shouldn't even be on the team as he's been caught doing illegal crap all the time yet coach K gets him out of it
5)he's damn good and we're jealous of his shooting abililty
6)HE'S ONE GAY A$$ MOTHER F UCKER AND I HOPE HE DIES IN THE NEAR FUTURE

[/ QUOTE ]

Karma's a bitch dude.

istewart
03-15-2005, 07:48 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
why does every non-duke fan hate jj reddick?

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't hate him. But the answer to your question is Vitale.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vitale needs to be public execution soon.

J.R.
03-15-2005, 08:18 PM
vitale only exacerbates the hype surrounding reddick's greatness, which may fuel the existing hatred, but isn't the root. Watch duke play live (T.V. doesn't catch the off ball activities and downplays things).

mmbt0ne
03-15-2005, 08:38 PM
A) He fought with BJ last year
B) He tried to force himself upon Muhammad this year
C) That lame ass undershirt (same reason I hate Matt Walsh)

theTourne
03-15-2005, 08:49 PM
i've never seen him play live. what's he do to incite the crowd? what makes him an arrogant [censored]?

clark is probably right to a large degree. vitale is certainly all over his junk.

ArchAngel71857
03-15-2005, 09:11 PM
For the same reason I hate Kris Lang.

-AA

Screwtape
03-15-2005, 09:33 PM
second that

Dangergirl
03-16-2005, 01:17 AM
People hate him because he plays for Duke, a ton of people hate Duke, and he is one sick ass shooter.

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:40 AM
I don't hate him, but shooting is all he can do. Salim Stouadmire is the better all-around guard. Salim is a better shooter, has better ball handling skills, and he doesn't try to shoot everytime he gets the ball.

Duke is going down in the sweet 16 to Cuse.

Edge34
03-16-2005, 01:44 AM
[ QUOTE ]

Duke is going down in the sweet 16 to Cuse.

[/ QUOTE ]

Incorrect. Syracuse is going down in Round 2 to Michigan State.

Duke, however, has a realistic chance to win it all.

Go Devils. /images/graemlins/cool.gif /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Maryland beat them. Duke didn't deserve a #1 seed. They deserved a #2. There are too many Coach K worshippers on that cmte. I'll still watch his biography though on SportsCentury.

Edge34
03-16-2005, 01:49 AM
Who deserved their #1 then? Hell, Washington got one. Don't tell me Wake...

Duke went and won the ACC tourney. I think that alone justifies their jump from #2 to #1 seed.

(God, I love March Madness)

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Lol Maryland beat them. Duke didn't deserve a #1 seed. They deserved a #2. There are too many Coach K worshippers on that cmte. I'll still watch his biography though on SportsCentury.

[/ QUOTE ]

After reading this and all your other basketball posts it has become very clear you are either constantly stoned or know nothing about college basketball. I'm leaning towards the latter.

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:51 AM
Washington deserved their #1.

They won the conference tournament(I know Duke did also), they consistently beat good ranked teams, and they had a very good RPI.

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:52 AM
Don't care what you think.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:53 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Washington deserved their #1.

They won the conference tournament(I know Duke did also), they consistently beat good ranked teams, and they had a very good RPI.

[/ QUOTE ]

Duke's RPI and SOS are just as good as Washington's, they won a higher ranked conference's tourney, their record against teams in the tourney is better than washington's. Once again you know nothing about college basketball.

Dead
03-16-2005, 01:58 AM
Gee you're not biased at all being a Duke fan and all. Give me a break.

DUKE lost to VIRGINIA TECH.

DUKE lost to Maryland TWICE.

They split their games against UNC and Wake.

Washington played a harder OOC schedule.

By the way, Syracuse never lost to an unranked opponent this season. How many games has Duke lost to unranked opponents? 3?

As I said above, I'm really, really, going to enjoy the SU-Duke game. A lot of analysts have picked SU over Duke and I agree with them.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 02:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Gee you're not biased at all being a Duke fan and all. Give me a break.

DUKE lost to VIRGINIA TECH.

DUKE lost to Maryland TWICE.

They split their games against UNC and Wake.

Washington played a harder OOC schedule.

By the way, Syracuse never lost to an unranked opponent this season. How many games has Duke lost to unranked opponents? 3?

As I said above, I'm really, really, going to enjoy the SU-Duke game.

[/ QUOTE ]

all that matters now is the tourney. syracuse 5-6 against tourney teams, duke 9-2.

Dead
03-16-2005, 02:13 AM
The Syracuse team playing now is not the same Syracuse team that finished out the regular season.

The sophomores are contributing a lot more and if you think that Duke is going to walk over Syracuse then you are kidding yourself. Syracuse is going to give them the game of their lives.

Fratony
03-16-2005, 03:16 AM
Duke deserves there seat, bottom line. I hate Duke because i am a (GA) Tech fan, but they are one hell of a team. Look at their schedule, they dont play sissy-ass teams, the ACC is brutal. As far as Reddick goes, i dont see how you could possibly like this guy, every time i hear him speak his arrogance sickens me. If you listen to what he says after a game he is usually saying someting about how if player X stepped up then they may not have been in such and such a situation. This is not what basketball is about, he expects everyone on his team to shoot and be clutch in every situation. Vitale just adds to his over-rating, Reddick doesnt realize how much his surrounding players mean his success, if he was on a team w/o talent he would never see a look outside thus rendering him useless.

Shajen
03-16-2005, 10:41 AM
[ QUOTE ]
People hate him because he plays for Duke, a ton of people hate Duke, and he is one sick ass shooter.

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice avatar Dangergirl.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

Porcupine
03-16-2005, 10:52 AM
I hate Dook, but have no problems with Reddick. Of course I don't even hate Christian Laettner, so apparently I pretty tolerant of well-hated Dookies. For perspective, I don't care for anyone else in the Dook top 7 or 8.

Dangergirl
03-16-2005, 12:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Nice avatar Dangergirl.

/images/graemlins/wink.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ty Shajen, I have nothing but love for Reddick. Especially cause he's so damn cute /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Oh, and did I mention he's a great shooter /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Uston
03-16-2005, 01:02 PM
After what JJ did in the final twenty seconds of last year's Final Four game against Connecticut (turned the ball over with Duke down one and nearly airballed an open three with Duke down three), I don't hate him at all.

As for why most people hate Duke, Clark nailed it. It's Dick Vitale and a bunch of other guys in sports media. Last year's Xavier v Duke regional final is a perfect example. Chris Duhon scores a whopping six points with (gasp!) a couple of bruised rips and Vern Lundquist exclaims "What a player!! What a man!!". A Xavier player would have needed to pour in 30 with a compound fracture of his femur to generate that type of man-love.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 01:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I hate Dook, but have no problems with Reddick. Of course I don't even hate Christian Laettner, so apparently I pretty tolerant of well-hated Dookies. For perspective, I don't care for anyone else in the Dook top 7 or 8.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do people actually hate Christian Laettner? While I might not agree with it I can see how Redick would rub some the wrong way. On the other hand Laettner is seriously just a good guy, has used his fame to do lots of charity work, and is incredibly humble.

Taken from the bias of a huge Christian Laettner fan.

Philuva
03-16-2005, 01:10 PM
First Ferry, then Laettner, then Wojo and now JJ. It is a long line of douchbags in Dook's rich history of douchbags.

J.R.
03-16-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Do people actually hate Christian Laettner?

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

Dangergirl
03-16-2005, 02:17 PM
I have to say here that Laettner is probably one of the most hated Duke players ever. Mainly because he was cocky and he hit that buzzer beater against Kentucky. I believe the most well liked Duke player of all time was Grant Hill.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 02:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Mainly because he was cocky and he hit that buzzer beater against Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an objective outsider who actaully likes Laettner, I can assure you that the reason people dislike him has absolutely nothing with his shot against Kentucky.

mmbt0ne
03-16-2005, 02:20 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">En réponse à:</font><hr />

[/ QUOTE ]

I would piss on the grave of Christian Laettner's mother, then shove the urine coated mud down his throat while beating his dog with a tire iron.

mmbt0ne
03-16-2005, 02:21 PM
Mainly because he was cocky and he hit that buzzer beater against Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

As an objective outsider who actaully likes Laettner, I can assure you that the reason people dislike him has absolutely nothing with his shot against Kentucky.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should spend some time in the blue grass state.

hoyaboy1
03-16-2005, 02:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]
why does every non-duke fan hate jj reddick? he's the most polarizing guy in college bball, why is that?

reading gay poetry on espn in not a valid response... everyone hated him before that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mostly because he is a cocky overhyped dousche. And MCI Center security made me take off my JJ Has Bacne shirt.

Clarkmeister
03-16-2005, 02:28 PM
I meant non-Kentucky fans, of course.

Besides, the blame for that is on Pitino, not Christian.

mmbt0ne
03-16-2005, 02:40 PM
Eh, I gotta respect Pitino for how well he rebuilt the team. Especially after how bad it got under Eddie Sutton. He's a Cardinal now though, so I don't have to love him. We'll throw blame at him too. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Porcupine
03-16-2005, 02:56 PM
Others have already elaborated, but whenever "hated Duke players" comes up, Laettner's name is the first one mentioned most of the time.

I've warmed up to him over the years and now consider myself a fan of his. I'm not familiar with his charity work, but am glad to hear it.

Laettner is seriously just a good guy...and is incredibly humble

The majority of people I've talked to about him have completely the opposite view, especially w.r.t. to the "humble" part.

Shajen
03-16-2005, 03:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Others have already elaborated, but whenever "hated Duke players" comes up, Laettner's name is the first one mentioned most of the time.

I've warmed up to him over the years and now consider myself a fan of his. I'm not familiar with his charity work, but am glad to hear it.

Laettner is seriously just a good guy...and is incredibly humble

The majority of people I've talked to about him have completely the opposite view, especially w.r.t. to the "humble" part.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's because (and I am a Duke fan, and Laettner IS cocky) because he stepped/kicked that dude after dude had fallen down.

JJ is definitely not Laettner material as far as his attitude and cockiness. I don't believe JJ would stomp on some dude's chest.

Bulldog
03-16-2005, 04:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

are you serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

His goofy self taking Isiah's Dream Team roster spot and his mom sitting in the stands with her fake neck brace and fake fainting Coach K yelling at the refs one second and passed out the next (and popping back up like a soccer player another moment later) and them getting every call against UConn last year (and still losing) and I could go on...

Dangergirl
03-16-2005, 06:34 PM
What LOL??

Dead
03-16-2005, 06:41 PM
Shooting is all JJ does. His assist numbers are pathetic for a guard.

Shajen
03-16-2005, 06:47 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He's a shooting guard. And that's what Coach K wants him to do.

Sheesh.

NoTalent
03-16-2005, 06:48 PM
http://img193.exs.cx/img193/936/22fd8gx.jpg

Dead
03-16-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

GMac is a shooting guard. And Redick isn't the best at what he does. Stouadamire is way better, but for some reason Reddick is hailed as the greatest shooter in the land.

Probably because of Big Dickhead Vitale eating out of his butt.

Shajen
03-16-2005, 06:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh.

[/ QUOTE ]

GMac is a shooting guard. And Redick isn't the best at what he does. Stouadamire is way better, but for some reason Reddick is hailed as the greatest shooter in the land.

Probably because of Big Dickhead Vitale eating out of his butt.

[/ QUOTE ]
I think you're wrong, but I don't care to debate it with you.

Let's call it done.

Dead
03-16-2005, 06:57 PM
There is nothing to debate.

Salim's 3pt percentage is 10 points higher, as is his FG%.

You can't say that JJ is a better shooter when his shooting stats are worse.

MEbenhoe
03-16-2005, 08:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]

GMac is a shooting guard.

[/ QUOTE ]

No

theTourne
03-17-2005, 02:05 AM
[ QUOTE ]
First Ferry, then Laettner, then Wojo and now JJ. It is a long line of douchbags in Dook's rich history of douchbags.

[/ QUOTE ]

Wojo?! For real? What's not to like about a gritty, emotional guard with no athletic ability who plays hard D?

Dead
03-17-2005, 02:07 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes he is. If he makes it to the NBA he'll have to be a point guard though.

GMac can play point or shoot.

Clarkmeister
03-17-2005, 02:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wojo?! For real? What's not to like about a total cheap shot artist, expert flopper and all-around whiny bitch?

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with your post 100%. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

theTourne
03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who's the SU point guard?

MEbenhoe
03-17-2005, 02:09 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but he plays point guard, that is his position, the fact that he can shoot doesn't make him a shooting guard.

Dead
03-17-2005, 02:10 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Then who's the SU point guard?

[/ QUOTE ]

McCroskey and McNamara share that role.

Dead
03-17-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

but he plays point guard, that is his position, the fact that he can shoot doesn't make him a shooting guard.

[/ QUOTE ]

GMac doesn't have a position man. I don't think you understand.

He is a chameleon. He adapts to team needs. He can be a shooter or an assist man.

Clarkmeister
03-17-2005, 02:18 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He is a chameleon. He adapts to team needs. He can be a shooter or an assist man.

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus H. Christ MEbenhoe, he's Jerry Freakng MacNamara, starting all-purpose guard for the #1 ranked tourney favorite and consensus best team Syracuse Orange. Show some respect!

BTW, How owned is Syracuse that they are now the Orange instead of the Orangemen. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED. Talk about a bunch of bicthes!!

Dead
03-17-2005, 02:19 AM
It took you long enough Clark. Welcome to the party. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

MEbenhoe
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Jesus H. Christ MEbenhoe, he's Jerry Freakng MacNamara, starting all-purpose guard for the #1 ranked tourney favorite and consensus best team Syracuse Orange. Show some respect!

BTW, How owned is Syracuse that they are now the Orange instead of the Orangemen. BWAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHA. OWNED OWNED OWNED OWNED. Talk about a bunch of bicthes!!

[/ QUOTE ]

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Clarkmeister
You must've missed my Wojo post.

theTourne
03-17-2005, 02:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Quote:

Quote:

Wojo?! For real? What's not to like about a total cheap shot artist, expert flopper and all-around whiny bitch?

I agree with your post 100%.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know where you got the cheap shot part from, but if:

"expert flopper" = "great defender who knows how to take the charge"

and

"whiney bitch" = "kid who wears his heart on his sleeve"

then i'm glad that we're otherwise in agreement

theTourne
03-17-2005, 02:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask how you can misunderstand the role of the guy who brings the ball up the floor on every possession and directs the offense, but Clark's post is much better than my weak attempt would have been.

Dead
03-17-2005, 02:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I was going to ask how you can misunderstand the role of the guy who brings the ball up the floor on every possession and directs the offense, but Clark's post is much better than my weak attempt would have been.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're a JJ lover. I don't care what you think.

sam h
03-17-2005, 02:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot Hurley, Battier, Cherokee Freakin' Parks, and probably some others too.

Clarkmeister
03-17-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You forgot Hurley, Battier, Cherokee Freakin' Parks, and probably some others too.

[/ QUOTE ]

How can you forget Chris Collins?!?!?!

mmbt0ne
03-17-2005, 03:01 AM
Chris Duhon, Carlos Boozer

sam h
03-17-2005, 03:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken.

But the Mike Dunleavy omission might have been even worse.

And I'll throw Alaa Abdelnaby in there too.

ArchAngel71857
03-17-2005, 03:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Point taken.

But the Mike Dunleavy omission might have been even worse.

And I'll throw Alaa Abdelnaby in there too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mike Dunleavy is in a class all by himself. JJ is a drop in the Dunleavy Douche Ocean.

-AA

MEbenhoe
03-17-2005, 03:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Shameless bump for being the funniest thing I read today.

Dead
03-17-2005, 03:56 AM
I don't see how calling the Orangemen the Orange makes them owned. They're used pretty interchangeably. In fact the team is called the Syracuse Orange on the Yahoo NCAA boards.

It's been that way for years, but it's definitely not a change and it's not because they're "owned". lol

hoyaboy1
03-17-2005, 09:35 AM
Why are you always wrong? They changed their name