PDA

View Full Version : Well Played..Played just OK..or Played Horribly?

CJC
10-02-2002, 02:54 AM
Hello Again Everybody..

Foxwoods 15-30 Stud.

I am brand new to the game and this the very first hand dealt to me.

Bring-in is to my immediate right with 3s and throws a red chip to the felt.

I have Ad(kdQd) and limp.
Js is to my immediate left and completes the bet to $15.
10s cold calls and 10c cold calls and all else fold back to me.

I re-raise to $30.
The Jack and both tens call the $30.

4th
---
I catch rag and everyone else catches apparant rags.
I am high and bet $15.
Jack calls and we lose both tens.

5th
---
I catch another small rag( but suited to give me 4 flush)
Jack catches rag.
I bet $30 and he calls.
6th
---
I catch another rag and so does he.
I bet $30 and he calls

River
------
I catch complete rag giving me Ace High.
I bet $30 again
He folds.

Comments please..
I think this is one of those hands where I could have played it a few ways..

CJ

SittingBull
10-02-2002, 11:36 AM
U had at least A's by re-raising on 3rd.
That,coupled with the semi-bluffs on 5th and 6th and pure-bluff on 7th Str. convinced the J's that U had at least A's.
I guess the J's would have giving U a "crying' call if he had obtained J's up.
He probably stayed with dry J's.
What I don't understand is if he "read' U for A's, Y did he continue with only J's--unless he had a draw on 5th??
Y chase a pair of A's if he only has a pair of J's??
Was there sufficient dead money in the pot for him to chase as a "money favorite' with J's only?? How
Do U rate him as a "decent' player??
I believe u /forums/images/icons/smile.gif played your hand very well on ALL Strs.
Your re-raise on 3rd was more convincing than completing the bet after the bring-in.
Nice take down!
Hmmmm
Happy pokering,
Sitting Bull

10-02-2002, 02:07 PM
i dont like the reraise unless you knew that the tens would not fold. if the fold because their door card is out then you may be in a heads up pot. while generally raising here to knock out and win with a high pair is OK, in this situation your hand willplay very well in a four way pot here against all lower door cards. of course if you know they will call (which they might very well at foxwoods) then it is a good raise. I point this out not because you dont know it but because other newer players may not think about these considerations.

i think the bets here are automatic the whole way and i would have played it the same. since you reraised you almost have to bet the whole way because as soon as you check you have no chance of taking the pot without improving. also you most likely have the best hand on fifth and sixth, which many players may not realize. the bluff on the end is automatic.

i think you played it well here. there are other ways to play it of course but betting the whole way and betting the river is the best play.

Pat DiCaprio

10-03-2002, 01:49 AM
I probably raise 3rd initially, but otherwise play the same. Limp-reraise is good, too.

I like that you kept firing, as you will likely take the pot with no hand, and have many outs even if this is not so.
Per the game theory and bluff idea, the more outs, the more you should bluff, and this is no exception.

Well done.

The J may have caught a draw or had a big kicker to hang with you. If he puts you on a wired big pair, then he is correct to see the end. The pot is so big chasing with live pair - live kicker is probably correct, so there's nothing weird about his play. The fold on the end, is, well, a little weird, but if the only hands you limp-reraise with that he beats are 3 to a royal, then he doesn't really have odds to call, especially since you could have easily hit on the river. This is especially true if he has the Jd.