PDA

View Full Version : Will there be WSOP spoilers?

KneeCo
03-15-2005, 06:29 PM
Hey all,

I've been lurking on this forum for quite awhile (great site!), but this is my first post. I've only been taking poker seriously for 6 months, but give me another six and you'll be hearing from me.

Anyway, for now I just have a newbie question, I really love watching the WSOP, and I was wondering, will there be spoilers on this site between the time the tourney is played and when it is aired?

I'd like to know so I could avoid the forum for those couple of months if that's the case.

Also, will I be safe from spoilers at online poker tables? Or will the name of winners pop up with all the other inane chatter that fills the chat box?

Thanks in advance,
KneeCo.

Dynasty
03-15-2005, 06:37 PM
There will be threads on this forum discussing the WSOP live as they happen.

I'm sure you'll see lots of comments about the WSOP main event in your online chat windows.

Beerfund
03-15-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I've only been taking poker seriously for 6 months, but give me another six and you'll be hearing from me.

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHHAHA

[ QUOTE ]
will there be spoilers on this site between the time the tourney is played and when it is aired?

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHHAHAHAHHAHA

[ QUOTE ]
Also, will I be safe from spoilers at online poker tables?

[/ QUOTE ]

BWAHHAHAHAHHAAH

Nice post /images/graemlins/confused.gif

TransientR
03-15-2005, 07:46 PM
There will be spoilers here for the WSOP, like there are for any major tourney. Also many poker websites will keep track, and poker playing sites will also boast about the successes of players associated with them. So unless you want to go into a poker free cave for a couple of months, the results of the WSOP will be hard to avoid.

Also with poker's growing mainstream popularity, WSOP main event results are likely to start being covered like any other major sporting event.

I think many serious poker players are more interested in the details of important hands, than who wins. And even when you know who won, the broadcast is still entertaining.

Frank

TransientR
03-15-2005, 07:47 PM
No need to be snotty and rude /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Frank

dabluebery
03-15-2005, 08:02 PM
Welcome to the forum. Did you know that if you have A2345 it might not be the best hand? And it's not even close.

Do you see why? Also, this thread is worthless without pics.

Don't worry about what I just said. There will be spoilers here, it will be impossible for you not to find out. And could someone explain "Do you see why?" and "It's not even close" to me?

Rob

Beerfund
03-15-2005, 08:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is, otherwise the OP might go on thinking that his post wasn't completely lame and totaly unnecessary. The answers to his questions were obvious and a waste of time. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

FrankLu99
03-15-2005, 09:22 PM
All major pokersites will have spoilers between the time it finishes and the time it airs. Most online poker sites will reveal the winner of the WSOP ME
The WSOP winner will be in the newspapers and if you hang out with people that play poker they will most likely talk about the main event.

Good luck trying to avoid it. Hopefully you can still enjoy the show when you already know the outcome.

Hold'me
03-15-2005, 09:46 PM
KneeCo, may I recommend burying yourself in a ditch for the next several months. Sprout back up around mid-July if you don't want to be dissapointed. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

ttleistdci
03-15-2005, 11:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
KneeCo, may I recommend burying yourself in a ditch for the next several months. Sprout back up around mid-July if you don't want to be dissapointed. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

He said we'll be hearing from him in about 6 months...at the 10/20 play chip table.

detroitplayer
03-16-2005, 04:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Did you know that if you have A2345 it might not be the best hand?

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you meant most powerful.

drewjustdrew
03-16-2005, 03:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
And could someone explain "Do you see why?" and "It's not even close" to me?

[/ QUOTE ]

These are two phrases commonly used by Sklansky and Malmuth when explaining strategy. Many posters have decided to adopt the phrase as their own, mostly in jest.

jackdaniels
03-16-2005, 05:16 PM
"Many posters have decided to adopt the phrase as their own, mostly in jest."

Do you see why? /images/graemlins/wink.gif

Trainwreck
03-17-2005, 04:21 AM
If you are playing poker anywhere, it's bound to come out also, so avoiding anything poker for 6 months, is INSANE... It's the ride that's fun, knowing the destination is OK.

YMMV

I am amused that the Shoe would wait til airing of the show was over before putting up the new champions picture in the joint.

I've talked to both of the last two main event champs before the show ever aired, btw.
So yes I was in on it. LOL!

>TW<

johnnybeef
03-17-2005, 04:55 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Frank

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes there is, otherwise the OP might go on thinking that his post wasn't completely lame and totaly unnecessary. The answers to his questions were obvious and a waste of time. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

bs. i found them informative. ones man garbage is another's treasure. just because you find something useless doesn't mean that others will not. quit being close minded, your br will thank you for it.