PDA

View Full Version : Another "help me lose weight" Thread

edtost
03-15-2005, 06:27 PM
well, there's no better way to put it than that i'm a lazy, fat slob. i made plans to start going to the gym regularly after my christmas break ended, but as i'm sure you all can imagine, that didn't last long. its not so much that i have a problem with physical activity as that i just get bored really easily.

anyway, i'm looking for some sort of new physical activity to take up thats interesting enough for me to not quit, and being cheap to start is a plus too. snowboard season's ending, i've started playing badminton at school, i'll be golfing over the summer, and can stand just about anything competitive if i can actually find someone else to join me. also, i've played tennis/squash in the past, but finding people to play with who aren't really good is a challenge. i used to play ice hockey and mountain bike, too.

ideas? or do i just need to suck it up and start running or something?

asofel
03-15-2005, 06:35 PM
i prefer play pokah. given the amount of beer i drink, i probably walk over a mile going back and forth to the fridge.

jar
03-15-2005, 06:50 PM
If you have any interest in team sports, I highly recommend ultimate frisbee. I find it has all of the camradery without the politicking and conflicts that a lot of team sports have. Also, it's dirt cheap. Just trying out some pickup games is free. If you want to take it seriously, you need a pair of cleats and a few discs, and league costs usually run about 50 bucks a season.

nolanfan34
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
Racquetball. Much easier to play with someone of a varied skill level, and a great workout.

scrub
03-15-2005, 06:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
well, there's no better way to put it than that i'm a lazy, fat slob. i made plans to start going to the gym regularly after my christmas break ended, but as i'm sure you all can imagine, that didn't last long. its not so much that i have a problem with physical activity as that i just get bored really easily.

anyway, i'm looking for some sort of new physical activity to take up thats interesting enough for me to not quit, and being cheap to start is a plus too. snowboard season's ending, i've started playing badminton at school, i'll be golfing over the summer, and can stand just about anything competitive if i can actually find someone else to join me. also, i've played tennis/squash in the past, but finding people to play with who aren't really good is a challenge. i used to play ice hockey and mountain bike, too.

[/ QUOTE ]

Running is great.

Running around Princeton mostly sucks.

scrub

daryn
03-15-2005, 06:52 PM
</font><blockquote><font class="small">In risposta di:</font><hr />
Racquetball. Much easier to play with someone of a varied skill level, and a great workout.

[/ QUOTE ]

ooh good one.

if anyone is looking to play in boston area let me know

meep_42
03-15-2005, 06:57 PM
Join a new hockey league -- or at least play some pick-up from time to time.

-d

bisonbison
03-15-2005, 07:01 PM
racquetball is fun, easy, fast and cheap. Running is cheap and satisfying but if you don't start out smart and slow you can seriously mess up your legs for a while.

captZEEbo1
03-15-2005, 07:09 PM
without reading the thread, I'll take whatever $ possibility is offered.

colgin
03-15-2005, 07:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I think you just answered your question.

Toro
03-15-2005, 07:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

JaBlue
03-15-2005, 07:31 PM
squash and racquetball are great games that will excersize you. Get some friends to play with you. Great, fun games that are easy to learn and not hard to be procient at.

SomethingClever
03-15-2005, 09:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
or do i just need to suck it up and start running or something?

[/ QUOTE ]

[censored] running. Do something fun like basketball.